Dec 3, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
“If I have to guess, I think he’s a week away from us thinking about him ramping up his conditioning; let alone playing,” Williams said. “So I just think it’s still far off.”
New Orleans is 1-6 in the games Davis has missed. In the past five games their offensive numbers remain close to when Davis was playing — 100 points per 100 possessions, down from 101.4.
But as you would expect, it’s the defense that has taken the hit — with Davis in the lineup they allowed 103.1 points per 100 possessions, that has jumped way up to 110.5 in the past five games. They aren’t defending, they aren’t winning.
And they are going to have to keep going with this roster for a little while longer.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7