Dec 3, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
“If I have to guess, I think he’s a week away from us thinking about him ramping up his conditioning; let alone playing,” Williams said. “So I just think it’s still far off.”
New Orleans is 1-6 in the games Davis has missed. In the past five games their offensive numbers remain close to when Davis was playing — 100 points per 100 possessions, down from 101.4.
But as you would expect, it’s the defense that has taken the hit — with Davis in the lineup they allowed 103.1 points per 100 possessions, that has jumped way up to 110.5 in the past five games. They aren’t defending, they aren’t winning.
And they are going to have to keep going with this roster for a little while longer.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 0
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 13
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2