Dec 3, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
“If I have to guess, I think he’s a week away from us thinking about him ramping up his conditioning; let alone playing,” Williams said. “So I just think it’s still far off.”
New Orleans is 1-6 in the games Davis has missed. In the past five games their offensive numbers remain close to when Davis was playing — 100 points per 100 possessions, down from 101.4.
But as you would expect, it’s the defense that has taken the hit — with Davis in the lineup they allowed 103.1 points per 100 possessions, that has jumped way up to 110.5 in the past five games. They aren’t defending, they aren’t winning.
And they are going to have to keep going with this roster for a little while longer.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 0
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 11
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 66
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49