Dec 3, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
“If I have to guess, I think he’s a week away from us thinking about him ramping up his conditioning; let alone playing,” Williams said. “So I just think it’s still far off.”
New Orleans is 1-6 in the games Davis has missed. In the past five games their offensive numbers remain close to when Davis was playing — 100 points per 100 possessions, down from 101.4.
But as you would expect, it’s the defense that has taken the hit — with Davis in the lineup they allowed 103.1 points per 100 possessions, that has jumped way up to 110.5 in the past five games. They aren’t defending, they aren’t winning.
And they are going to have to keep going with this roster for a little while longer.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4