Dec 3, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
“If I have to guess, I think he’s a week away from us thinking about him ramping up his conditioning; let alone playing,” Williams said. “So I just think it’s still far off.”
New Orleans is 1-6 in the games Davis has missed. In the past five games their offensive numbers remain close to when Davis was playing — 100 points per 100 possessions, down from 101.4.
But as you would expect, it’s the defense that has taken the hit — with Davis in the lineup they allowed 103.1 points per 100 possessions, that has jumped way up to 110.5 in the past five games. They aren’t defending, they aren’t winning.
And they are going to have to keep going with this roster for a little while longer.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65