Dec 2, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
The NBA is just more interesting when Rasheed Wallace is in it.
Wallace picked up his first ejection of his return to the NBA today and did it in classic Sheed fashion.
Wallace picked up the first technical foul for some after-the-whistle contact on Luis Scola on a foul call. It was a classic Sheed technical, not the “kinder, gentler” Sheed. And of course Wallace thought it was a bad call because he doesn’t think he has ever committed a foul in his 15 NBA seasons.
When the Suns Goran Dragic missed the technical foul, Sheed yelled his classic line “ball don’t lie” — the shot was missed as instant karma for a bad call.
And the ref gave him a quick second technical for that.
I thought it was a pretty quick ejection and this didn’t merit the second tech, but the bottom line is Sheed didn’t let it go. It’s classic Wallace, not knowing or caring where the line is.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9