Dec 2, 2012, 7:30 PM EST
Tim Duncan has been nicknamed the “Big Fundamental” for a reason, one that is showcased nicely in this highlight from the Spurs’ overtime win over the Grizzlies on Saturday.
The spin move and the up and under on the way to the dunk were almost more impressive than the slam itself. Duncan isn’t a leaper anymore, so to get a throwdown in traffic over a younger and more athletic player like Gasol requires perfect footwork to get to the place where he’s in a position to do so.
Duncan looked pretty spry on this play, and was very active in this one, especially early on. It’s possible that Gregg Popovich might have been onto something.
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 10
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46