Dec 2, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
Tim Duncan has been nicknamed the “Big Fundamental” for a reason, one that is showcased nicely in this highlight from the Spurs’ overtime win over the Grizzlies on Saturday.
The spin move and the up and under on the way to the dunk were almost more impressive than the slam itself. Duncan isn’t a leaper anymore, so to get a throwdown in traffic over a younger and more athletic player like Gasol requires perfect footwork to get to the place where he’s in a position to do so.
Duncan looked pretty spry on this play, and was very active in this one, especially early on. It’s possible that Gregg Popovich might have been onto something.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13