Dec 2, 2012, 7:30 PM EST
Tim Duncan has been nicknamed the “Big Fundamental” for a reason, one that is showcased nicely in this highlight from the Spurs’ overtime win over the Grizzlies on Saturday.
The spin move and the up and under on the way to the dunk were almost more impressive than the slam itself. Duncan isn’t a leaper anymore, so to get a throwdown in traffic over a younger and more athletic player like Gasol requires perfect footwork to get to the place where he’s in a position to do so.
Duncan looked pretty spry on this play, and was very active in this one, especially early on. It’s possible that Gregg Popovich might have been onto something.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16