Dec 2, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
Tim Duncan has been nicknamed the “Big Fundamental” for a reason, one that is showcased nicely in this highlight from the Spurs’ overtime win over the Grizzlies on Saturday.
The spin move and the up and under on the way to the dunk were almost more impressive than the slam itself. Duncan isn’t a leaper anymore, so to get a throwdown in traffic over a younger and more athletic player like Gasol requires perfect footwork to get to the place where he’s in a position to do so.
Duncan looked pretty spry on this play, and was very active in this one, especially early on. It’s possible that Gregg Popovich might have been onto something.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 8
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 14
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 33
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 21
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 16
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 21
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23