Dec 2, 2012, 7:30 PM EST
Tim Duncan has been nicknamed the “Big Fundamental” for a reason, one that is showcased nicely in this highlight from the Spurs’ overtime win over the Grizzlies on Saturday.
The spin move and the up and under on the way to the dunk were almost more impressive than the slam itself. Duncan isn’t a leaper anymore, so to get a throwdown in traffic over a younger and more athletic player like Gasol requires perfect footwork to get to the place where he’s in a position to do so.
Duncan looked pretty spry on this play, and was very active in this one, especially early on. It’s possible that Gregg Popovich might have been onto something.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 0
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 22
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 51
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (53)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)