Dec 2, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT
The league has begun to crack down on flopping this season. Players who are caught in the act will first receive a warning, before then receiving fines escalating in value for each subsequent violation.
Sebastian Telfair may find himself on the league’s radar, after this play that occurred during the Knicks’ win over the Suns on Sunday afternoon.
Pablo Prigioni is doing an excellent job defensively here, denying Telfair the ball on the perimeter. He stays with Telfair closely as the Suns guard tries to cut through the paint, and Telfair inadvertently catches him with a shot to the face.
Immediately after the contact, however, is when Telfair flails about as if he was the one who just got cracked.
It’s funny to watch in slow motion, and if we’re interested in giving Bassy the benefit of the doubt, he may have been trying to exaggerate the contact from Prigioni before the shot to the face, to try to let the referees know he didn’t appreciate the ball-denial defense.
Whatever Telfair’s motives, a flop is a flop. We’ll see if the league office feels it’s egregious enough to add Telfair to the list of players warned for doing so this season.
[via Zach Harper]
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 6
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 43
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record