Dec 2, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT
The league has begun to crack down on flopping this season. Players who are caught in the act will first receive a warning, before then receiving fines escalating in value for each subsequent violation.
Sebastian Telfair may find himself on the league’s radar, after this play that occurred during the Knicks’ win over the Suns on Sunday afternoon.
Pablo Prigioni is doing an excellent job defensively here, denying Telfair the ball on the perimeter. He stays with Telfair closely as the Suns guard tries to cut through the paint, and Telfair inadvertently catches him with a shot to the face.
Immediately after the contact, however, is when Telfair flails about as if he was the one who just got cracked.
It’s funny to watch in slow motion, and if we’re interested in giving Bassy the benefit of the doubt, he may have been trying to exaggerate the contact from Prigioni before the shot to the face, to try to let the referees know he didn’t appreciate the ball-denial defense.
Whatever Telfair’s motives, a flop is a flop. We’ll see if the league office feels it’s egregious enough to add Telfair to the list of players warned for doing so this season.
[via Zach Harper]
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 21
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 18
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead