Dec 2, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
This clip of Nicolas Batum highlights (and lowlights) from Saturday night’s double-overtime win over the Cavaliers is great, because we get to experience the struggle before the ultimate redemption.
It begins with two missed dunks in the first and second quarters, shots that Batum (and most NBA players with his skill set) can usually get to go down.
Next, we see Batum get the 15-foot putback to go that would have won the game at the end of the first OT, except the ball was still in his hands, we headed to the second extra session.
Finally, the game-winner, on just an incredible catch-and-shoot — not only to make sure both feet were behind the three-point line, but to keep concentration to line up the shot while fading with the defender coming at him.
Good win for the Blazers, who have had as rough a start to the season as the Cavaliers team they sent home with the heartbreaking loss.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 4
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 21
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 33
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 46
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 35