Dec 2, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
This clip of Nicolas Batum highlights (and lowlights) from Saturday night’s double-overtime win over the Cavaliers is great, because we get to experience the struggle before the ultimate redemption.
It begins with two missed dunks in the first and second quarters, shots that Batum (and most NBA players with his skill set) can usually get to go down.
Next, we see Batum get the 15-foot putback to go that would have won the game at the end of the first OT, except the ball was still in his hands, we headed to the second extra session.
Finally, the game-winner, on just an incredible catch-and-shoot — not only to make sure both feet were behind the three-point line, but to keep concentration to line up the shot while fading with the defender coming at him.
Good win for the Blazers, who have had as rough a start to the season as the Cavaliers team they sent home with the heartbreaking loss.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 4
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41