Dec 2, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
This clip of Nicolas Batum highlights (and lowlights) from Saturday night’s double-overtime win over the Cavaliers is great, because we get to experience the struggle before the ultimate redemption.
It begins with two missed dunks in the first and second quarters, shots that Batum (and most NBA players with his skill set) can usually get to go down.
Next, we see Batum get the 15-foot putback to go that would have won the game at the end of the first OT, except the ball was still in his hands, we headed to the second extra session.
Finally, the game-winner, on just an incredible catch-and-shoot — not only to make sure both feet were behind the three-point line, but to keep concentration to line up the shot while fading with the defender coming at him.
Good win for the Blazers, who have had as rough a start to the season as the Cavaliers team they sent home with the heartbreaking loss.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 8
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 28
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85