Dec 2, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
This clip of Nicolas Batum highlights (and lowlights) from Saturday night’s double-overtime win over the Cavaliers is great, because we get to experience the struggle before the ultimate redemption.
It begins with two missed dunks in the first and second quarters, shots that Batum (and most NBA players with his skill set) can usually get to go down.
Next, we see Batum get the 15-foot putback to go that would have won the game at the end of the first OT, except the ball was still in his hands, we headed to the second extra session.
Finally, the game-winner, on just an incredible catch-and-shoot — not only to make sure both feet were behind the three-point line, but to keep concentration to line up the shot while fading with the defender coming at him.
Good win for the Blazers, who have had as rough a start to the season as the Cavaliers team they sent home with the heartbreaking loss.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 9
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 5
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 14
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save