Dec 2, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
The Celtics were playing in Milwaukee on Saturday without Rajon Rondo, who was serving the second game of his two-game suspension for starting the altercation with the Nets’ Kris Humphries on Wednesday.
Boston won the first without Rondo in blowout fashion over the Blazers on Friday, and was on pace to do it again after getting out to a 17-0 lead to start the game in Milwaukee on Saturday.
But the Bucks came back, and the game was tight down the stretch. With the Celtics leading by one with 30 seconds to play, Milwaukee moved the ball until it found Brandon Jennings, who was as wide open as you’ll ever see in that situation before he knocked down the three-pointer that sealed the win for the Bucks.
Milwaukee as a team was just 3-of-12 from three-point distance before that final one from Jennings, although he was 2-of-4 from downtown himself, so Boston may have wanted to take its chances with Marquis Daniels launching the shot there instead. Just sayin’.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 25
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 44
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 15
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55