Dec 1, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
In a struggle between a coach and David Stern, where did you think Stan Van Gundy would come down?
Stan Van Gundy was on NBC Sports Talk on the NBC Sports Network Friday and was making the point I keep hearing around the league — what is the standard? How will this be decided going forward? Is it only nationally televised games of if you do this on a quiet Tuesday night in Charlotte does the league look the other way? You get fined for doing it in November but what about late in the season, heading into the playoffs, when resting stars has become a more common practice?
David Stern started down a slippery slope with no real guidelines laid out. Van Gundy talks about that and more.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 12
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 1
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 6
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 9
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5