Dec 1, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
In a struggle between a coach and David Stern, where did you think Stan Van Gundy would come down?
Stan Van Gundy was on NBC Sports Talk on the NBC Sports Network Friday and was making the point I keep hearing around the league — what is the standard? How will this be decided going forward? Is it only nationally televised games of if you do this on a quiet Tuesday night in Charlotte does the league look the other way? You get fined for doing it in November but what about late in the season, heading into the playoffs, when resting stars has become a more common practice?
David Stern started down a slippery slope with no real guidelines laid out. Van Gundy talks about that and more.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32