Dec 1, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
In a struggle between a coach and David Stern, where did you think Stan Van Gundy would come down?
Stan Van Gundy was on NBC Sports Talk on the NBC Sports Network Friday and was making the point I keep hearing around the league — what is the standard? How will this be decided going forward? Is it only nationally televised games of if you do this on a quiet Tuesday night in Charlotte does the league look the other way? You get fined for doing it in November but what about late in the season, heading into the playoffs, when resting stars has become a more common practice?
David Stern started down a slippery slope with no real guidelines laid out. Van Gundy talks about that and more.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 0
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7