Dec 1, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
In a struggle between a coach and David Stern, where did you think Stan Van Gundy would come down?
Stan Van Gundy was on NBC Sports Talk on the NBC Sports Network Friday and was making the point I keep hearing around the league — what is the standard? How will this be decided going forward? Is it only nationally televised games of if you do this on a quiet Tuesday night in Charlotte does the league look the other way? You get fined for doing it in November but what about late in the season, heading into the playoffs, when resting stars has become a more common practice?
David Stern started down a slippery slope with no real guidelines laid out. Van Gundy talks about that and more.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 2
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights