Dec 1, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
In a struggle between a coach and David Stern, where did you think Stan Van Gundy would come down?
Stan Van Gundy was on NBC Sports Talk on the NBC Sports Network Friday and was making the point I keep hearing around the league — what is the standard? How will this be decided going forward? Is it only nationally televised games of if you do this on a quiet Tuesday night in Charlotte does the league look the other way? You get fined for doing it in November but what about late in the season, heading into the playoffs, when resting stars has become a more common practice?
David Stern started down a slippery slope with no real guidelines laid out. Van Gundy talks about that and more.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)