Nov 30, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
If Denver had figured out a way to win on Thursday night against Golden State — if Andre Iguodala had released his three just a split second earlier so his game-winning shot was out of his hands before the red light went on — then Kenneth Faried may have been the “Man of the Match” (to use the soccer term).
Defensively he seemed to be everywhere and he had five blocked shots — including having a couple sweet chase-down blocks that you see above. But more than that he was locking down guys all over the court, plus he had 10 points and 7 rebounds. He was “Manimal” in every good sense of his nickname.
He’s just one of those guys you watch play and think “my team could use a guy like that.” Every team could use a guy like that.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 1
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 6
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 14