Nov 30, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
If Denver had figured out a way to win on Thursday night against Golden State — if Andre Iguodala had released his three just a split second earlier so his game-winning shot was out of his hands before the red light went on — then Kenneth Faried may have been the “Man of the Match” (to use the soccer term).
Defensively he seemed to be everywhere and he had five blocked shots — including having a couple sweet chase-down blocks that you see above. But more than that he was locking down guys all over the court, plus he had 10 points and 7 rebounds. He was “Manimal” in every good sense of his nickname.
He’s just one of those guys you watch play and think “my team could use a guy like that.” Every team could use a guy like that.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 9
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 35
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 6
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19