Nov 30, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
If Denver had figured out a way to win on Thursday night against Golden State — if Andre Iguodala had released his three just a split second earlier so his game-winning shot was out of his hands before the red light went on — then Kenneth Faried may have been the “Man of the Match” (to use the soccer term).
Defensively he seemed to be everywhere and he had five blocked shots — including having a couple sweet chase-down blocks that you see above. But more than that he was locking down guys all over the court, plus he had 10 points and 7 rebounds. He was “Manimal” in every good sense of his nickname.
He’s just one of those guys you watch play and think “my team could use a guy like that.” Every team could use a guy like that.
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 0
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29