Nov 30, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
If Denver had figured out a way to win on Thursday night against Golden State — if Andre Iguodala had released his three just a split second earlier so his game-winning shot was out of his hands before the red light went on — then Kenneth Faried may have been the “Man of the Match” (to use the soccer term).
Defensively he seemed to be everywhere and he had five blocked shots — including having a couple sweet chase-down blocks that you see above. But more than that he was locking down guys all over the court, plus he had 10 points and 7 rebounds. He was “Manimal” in every good sense of his nickname.
He’s just one of those guys you watch play and think “my team could use a guy like that.” Every team could use a guy like that.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31