Nov 30, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
If Denver had figured out a way to win on Thursday night against Golden State — if Andre Iguodala had released his three just a split second earlier so his game-winning shot was out of his hands before the red light went on — then Kenneth Faried may have been the “Man of the Match” (to use the soccer term).
Defensively he seemed to be everywhere and he had five blocked shots — including having a couple sweet chase-down blocks that you see above. But more than that he was locking down guys all over the court, plus he had 10 points and 7 rebounds. He was “Manimal” in every good sense of his nickname.
He’s just one of those guys you watch play and think “my team could use a guy like that.” Every team could use a guy like that.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 12
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17