Nov 30, 2012, 10:54 AM EST
Right now the Los Angeles Kings should be basking in the glow of winning the first Stanley Cup in franchise history and working on their title defense. Instead, they are locked out. (And NBA fans, before you mock the NHL for locking out a second time costing them games, know that some owners were grumbling not long after the NBA came back to work last year, so just wait five years.)
So to drum up some news, the Kings lion mascot headed to Lakers practice (the Lakers and Kings share a facility in the L.A. Area) to challenge Dwight Howard to a shooting contest from the free throw line and he arc. Without knowing anything else, I’d still have bet on the lion. And that would have been wise.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5