Nov 30, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
Right now the Los Angeles Kings should be basking in the glow of winning the first Stanley Cup in franchise history and working on their title defense. Instead, they are locked out. (And NBA fans, before you mock the NHL for locking out a second time costing them games, know that some owners were grumbling not long after the NBA came back to work last year, so just wait five years.)
So to drum up some news, the Kings lion mascot headed to Lakers practice (the Lakers and Kings share a facility in the L.A. Area) to challenge Dwight Howard to a shooting contest from the free throw line and he arc. Without knowing anything else, I’d still have bet on the lion. And that would have been wise.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 1
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 6
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 12