Nov 30, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
Right now the Los Angeles Kings should be basking in the glow of winning the first Stanley Cup in franchise history and working on their title defense. Instead, they are locked out. (And NBA fans, before you mock the NHL for locking out a second time costing them games, know that some owners were grumbling not long after the NBA came back to work last year, so just wait five years.)
So to drum up some news, the Kings lion mascot headed to Lakers practice (the Lakers and Kings share a facility in the L.A. Area) to challenge Dwight Howard to a shooting contest from the free throw line and he arc. Without knowing anything else, I’d still have bet on the lion. And that would have been wise.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 7
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 40
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 17
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 13
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 52