Nov 30, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
“I have all these opinions about the dancers but they should be kept to myself. No one consults me. I keep asking to be invited to the dance tryouts but no one ever allows me there. I’ll just say this: My general philosophy is that you can teach them to dance.”
—Rockets GM Daryl Morey talking about the other entertainment at NBA games. This is from Chris Ballard of Sports Illustrated, maybe the best personality feature writer in sports today, and a column of extra tidbits he got from his research on a feature on Morey in the magazine this week.
There’s also an interesting note about Jeremy Lin‘s outside shot in there.
I also have not been to dance tryouts, and because I like sleeping in a bed and not on the couch I have not suggested to my wife I should cover the tryouts for “work.”
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 2
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34