Nov 30, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
“I have all these opinions about the dancers but they should be kept to myself. No one consults me. I keep asking to be invited to the dance tryouts but no one ever allows me there. I’ll just say this: My general philosophy is that you can teach them to dance.”
—Rockets GM Daryl Morey talking about the other entertainment at NBA games. This is from Chris Ballard of Sports Illustrated, maybe the best personality feature writer in sports today, and a column of extra tidbits he got from his research on a feature on Morey in the magazine this week.
There’s also an interesting note about Jeremy Lin‘s outside shot in there.
I also have not been to dance tryouts, and because I like sleeping in a bed and not on the couch I have not suggested to my wife I should cover the tryouts for “work.”
- Team USA announces player pool for 2014 World Cup team 11
- Cavaliers’ No. 1 pick looks good in Summer League. No, not that one. Anthony Bennett. 15
- Report: Pau Gasol nearing three-year, $22 million deal with Bulls 15
- Julius Randle signs rookie contract, makes Summer League debut for Lakers 6
- Report: Houston Rockets will not match Mavericks’ Chandler Parsons’ offer, he’s Dallas bound 65
- Dante Exum impresses in flashes during Summer League debut with Jazz 17
- Reports: Luol Deng agrees to two years, $20 million deal with Miami 68
- Cavaliers coach Blatt: Wiggins “not going anywhere” 86