Nov 30, 2012, 1:19 PM EDT
Another day, another update to the status of Timberwolves players who are in or out for the team’s next game.
Love has been back with the Timberwolves for the last five games, and has put up his customarily gaudy numbers over that span. He’s averaging 23 points and 15.6 rebounds per game, although the team hasn’t benefited from Love’s presence in the win column just yet, having lost four of those five contests.
While there’s at least a chance Love could play, the same can’t be said for Andrei Kirilenko, who is definitely out against the Bucks and will miss his second straight game due to back spasms.
Kirilenko’s absence is a rough one for the injury-depleted Timberwolves because of his activity at both ends of the floor, and the fact that he plays heavy minutes in the rotation, averaging better than 36 per game in 13 appearances this season.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 5
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 30
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21