Nov 29, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo got off lighter than many expected, apparently because the fight Wednesday between the Celtics and Nets was a lot of pushing without an actual punch thrown.
Rondo has been suspended two games by the league for the incident, Celtics GM Danny Ainge first announced on WEEI radio in Boston then confirmed by the league.
Kris Humphries was not fined or suspended.
Two games for a fight — or pushing match or whatever you want to call it — that rolled back into the stands is pretty light when you consider DeMarcus Cousins got a two-game suspension for arguing with a Spurs broadcaster after a game off the air just a couple weeks ago. Sometimes it’s just hard to see where the league draws its lines.
Boston’s next two games are Friday night at home against Portland, followed by Saturday night in Milwaukee.
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 0
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 42
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60