Nov 29, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo got off lighter than many expected, apparently because the fight Wednesday between the Celtics and Nets was a lot of pushing without an actual punch thrown.
Rondo has been suspended two games by the league for the incident, Celtics GM Danny Ainge first announced on WEEI radio in Boston then confirmed by the league.
Kris Humphries was not fined or suspended.
Two games for a fight — or pushing match or whatever you want to call it — that rolled back into the stands is pretty light when you consider DeMarcus Cousins got a two-game suspension for arguing with a Spurs broadcaster after a game off the air just a couple weeks ago. Sometimes it’s just hard to see where the league draws its lines.
Boston’s next two games are Friday night at home against Portland, followed by Saturday night in Milwaukee.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 43
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 47
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 26
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11