Nov 29, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
But in the second quarter, when Thabeet had blocked consecutive Harden shots, the two jawed a bit. And referee Marc Davis was there. Thabeet inadvertently bumped Davis and pushed him off.
That got Thabeet ejected.
But this is why video replay works — Davis and the officiating crew went to the video and after reviewing it downgraded Thabeet to a regular technical foul, and he was allowed to return to the bench and the game.
Good on the officials for not holding their ground on this and making the right call.
Hat tip to SLAM for the video.
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 1
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 5
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay