Nov 29, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
But in the second quarter, when Thabeet had blocked consecutive Harden shots, the two jawed a bit. And referee Marc Davis was there. Thabeet inadvertently bumped Davis and pushed him off.
That got Thabeet ejected.
But this is why video replay works — Davis and the officiating crew went to the video and after reviewing it downgraded Thabeet to a regular technical foul, and he was allowed to return to the bench and the game.
Good on the officials for not holding their ground on this and making the right call.
Hat tip to SLAM for the video.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 0
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 8
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4