Nov 29, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
But in the second quarter, when Thabeet had blocked consecutive Harden shots, the two jawed a bit. And referee Marc Davis was there. Thabeet inadvertently bumped Davis and pushed him off.
That got Thabeet ejected.
But this is why video replay works — Davis and the officiating crew went to the video and after reviewing it downgraded Thabeet to a regular technical foul, and he was allowed to return to the bench and the game.
Good on the officials for not holding their ground on this and making the right call.
Hat tip to SLAM for the video.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 23
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 22
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48