Nov 29, 2012, 11:39 AM EST
But in the second quarter, when Thabeet had blocked consecutive Harden shots, the two jawed a bit. And referee Marc Davis was there. Thabeet inadvertently bumped Davis and pushed him off.
That got Thabeet ejected.
But this is why video replay works — Davis and the officiating crew went to the video and after reviewing it downgraded Thabeet to a regular technical foul, and he was allowed to return to the bench and the game.
Good on the officials for not holding their ground on this and making the right call.
Hat tip to SLAM for the video.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0