Nov 29, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
But in the second quarter, when Thabeet had blocked consecutive Harden shots, the two jawed a bit. And referee Marc Davis was there. Thabeet inadvertently bumped Davis and pushed him off.
That got Thabeet ejected.
But this is why video replay works — Davis and the officiating crew went to the video and after reviewing it downgraded Thabeet to a regular technical foul, and he was allowed to return to the bench and the game.
Good on the officials for not holding their ground on this and making the right call.
Hat tip to SLAM for the video.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 20
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10