Nov 29, 2012, 3:46 PM EST
Now that is how you shatter a backboard.
That is former University of Cincinatti star and current Harlem Globetrotter Darnell Wilks with the truly impressive dunk during a Globetrotters game in Ecuador. In the USA there are breakaway rims and major arenas have another backboard set up in back to be wheeled out and put in place. In Ecuador… that could have been the end of the show. Thanks for coming everybody.
Hat tip to The Big Lead.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14