Nov 29, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
Andray Blatche, it’s time for your close-up.
This could be a bigger blow if Kris Humphries is suspended for his part in the fight with Rajon Rondo and the Boston Celtics that spilled into the stands Wednesday night. That would remove the entire starting front line of the Nets.
They should be okay for the first game against Orlando. The second game against Miami could be more of a challenge. Even if they had all their players.
While you have been busy mocking his new max contract, Lopez has been busy having a career year and helping get the Nets off to a fast 10-4 start. He is averaging 18.5 points a game on a career best 53.4 percent shooting. But he was always smooth on the offensive end, it was his defense and rebounding that were the knocks. Well he is more focused on rebounds, not putting up great numbers but grabbing the highest percentage of available rebounds he has in three seasons. In addition his blocked shots are at an all-time high of 2.5 a game. He’s improved. And the Nets will miss him.
But we’re all excited to see Blatche start. Because he is fully capable of either playing brilliantly or being a train wreck. And either will be entertaining to watch.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 6
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 43
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record