Nov 29, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
Andray Blatche, it’s time for your close-up.
This could be a bigger blow if Kris Humphries is suspended for his part in the fight with Rajon Rondo and the Boston Celtics that spilled into the stands Wednesday night. That would remove the entire starting front line of the Nets.
They should be okay for the first game against Orlando. The second game against Miami could be more of a challenge. Even if they had all their players.
While you have been busy mocking his new max contract, Lopez has been busy having a career year and helping get the Nets off to a fast 10-4 start. He is averaging 18.5 points a game on a career best 53.4 percent shooting. But he was always smooth on the offensive end, it was his defense and rebounding that were the knocks. Well he is more focused on rebounds, not putting up great numbers but grabbing the highest percentage of available rebounds he has in three seasons. In addition his blocked shots are at an all-time high of 2.5 a game. He’s improved. And the Nets will miss him.
But we’re all excited to see Blatche start. Because he is fully capable of either playing brilliantly or being a train wreck. And either will be entertaining to watch.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19