Nov 29, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
Nothing brings out the best in people like disputes with neighbors.
And by “best” I mean most petty, childish, scuzzy behavior possible.
For seven years Andrew Bynum has owned a home in Westchester, an area of Los Angeles not too far from the Lakers practice facility (the Lakers traded him to Philadelphia last summer), and according to a lawsuit filed by him — and a countersuit by the neighbors — there is a real Hatfields and McCoys situation (minus all the killing).
According to his lawsuit, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Bynum says … the (neighbors Raymond and Cindy) Becketts have objected to his “profession, his race, his friends, his cars and his taste in music.”
Bynum claims the Becketts have behaved like petulant children — throwing coins at his Ferrari (which chipped the paint), screaming at him about his music, and even banging the side of his house with “a long stick….”
In their legal docs, the Becketts UNLOAD on the NBA star — claiming he’s guilty of the following misdeeds:
— brandishing firearms in an attempt to intimidate the Becketts
— “apparently” using drugs and allowing weed smoke to drift next door
— blasting loud, profane rap music (including the song “Currency” by Trina)
— constantly racing his luxury cars at dangerous speeds
Isn’t the best rap music profane?
I have no idea who is in the right here, as in most cases I am sure both sides share responsibility for this. Fortunately they are going to use the taxpayers’ dollars to settle their dispute.
What I do know is that Bynum should have plenty of time to focus on the lawsuit as he remains out indefinitely from the Sixers due to his knees. If the Becketts had said they had seen Bynum running and jumping around his house recently, then we would have something.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7