Nov 28, 2012, 1:54 AM EDT
This was a beautiful shot by George Hill — going aggressively to the rim, the high arc touch off the glass, the soft bounce off the rim. There was more going on for the Pacers, but in the end this was Hill making a play.
This was George Hill hitting the game winner with .01 seconds left to lift the Pacers over the Lakers, 79-77 in a game neither team really deserved to win (it was ugly, right down to Joey Crawford).
But this was also the Lakers playing awful defense. David West sets and slips the pick to slide over for an 18-foot jumper he can hit, but Hill blows right by Metta World Peace and Pau Gasol, while Dwight Howard was a step slow on the help. Gasol should have stayed farther back and not been caught where he turned his hips. Once that happened and Gasol hesitated it was all over.
This was a team defensive lapse by the Lakers and a team loss. They earned this loss.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at Sports Illustrated for the video.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 16
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 18
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4