Nov 28, 2012, 1:54 AM EDT
This was a beautiful shot by George Hill — going aggressively to the rim, the high arc touch off the glass, the soft bounce off the rim. There was more going on for the Pacers, but in the end this was Hill making a play.
This was George Hill hitting the game winner with .01 seconds left to lift the Pacers over the Lakers, 79-77 in a game neither team really deserved to win (it was ugly, right down to Joey Crawford).
But this was also the Lakers playing awful defense. David West sets and slips the pick to slide over for an 18-foot jumper he can hit, but Hill blows right by Metta World Peace and Pau Gasol, while Dwight Howard was a step slow on the help. Gasol should have stayed farther back and not been caught where he turned his hips. Once that happened and Gasol hesitated it was all over.
This was a team defensive lapse by the Lakers and a team loss. They earned this loss.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at Sports Illustrated for the video.
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 12
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38