Nov 28, 2012, 1:54 AM EDT
This was a beautiful shot by George Hill — going aggressively to the rim, the high arc touch off the glass, the soft bounce off the rim. There was more going on for the Pacers, but in the end this was Hill making a play.
This was George Hill hitting the game winner with .01 seconds left to lift the Pacers over the Lakers, 79-77 in a game neither team really deserved to win (it was ugly, right down to Joey Crawford).
But this was also the Lakers playing awful defense. David West sets and slips the pick to slide over for an 18-foot jumper he can hit, but Hill blows right by Metta World Peace and Pau Gasol, while Dwight Howard was a step slow on the help. Gasol should have stayed farther back and not been caught where he turned his hips. Once that happened and Gasol hesitated it was all over.
This was a team defensive lapse by the Lakers and a team loss. They earned this loss.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at Sports Illustrated for the video.
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 0
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 16
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18