Nov 28, 2012, 1:54 AM EST
This was a beautiful shot by George Hill — going aggressively to the rim, the high arc touch off the glass, the soft bounce off the rim. There was more going on for the Pacers, but in the end this was Hill making a play.
This was George Hill hitting the game winner with .01 seconds left to lift the Pacers over the Lakers, 79-77 in a game neither team really deserved to win (it was ugly, right down to Joey Crawford).
But this was also the Lakers playing awful defense. David West sets and slips the pick to slide over for an 18-foot jumper he can hit, but Hill blows right by Metta World Peace and Pau Gasol, while Dwight Howard was a step slow on the help. Gasol should have stayed farther back and not been caught where he turned his hips. Once that happened and Gasol hesitated it was all over.
This was a team defensive lapse by the Lakers and a team loss. They earned this loss.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at Sports Illustrated for the video.
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 1
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 8
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)