Nov 28, 2012, 1:54 AM EST
This was a beautiful shot by George Hill — going aggressively to the rim, the high arc touch off the glass, the soft bounce off the rim. There was more going on for the Pacers, but in the end this was Hill making a play.
This was George Hill hitting the game winner with .01 seconds left to lift the Pacers over the Lakers, 79-77 in a game neither team really deserved to win (it was ugly, right down to Joey Crawford).
But this was also the Lakers playing awful defense. David West sets and slips the pick to slide over for an 18-foot jumper he can hit, but Hill blows right by Metta World Peace and Pau Gasol, while Dwight Howard was a step slow on the help. Gasol should have stayed farther back and not been caught where he turned his hips. Once that happened and Gasol hesitated it was all over.
This was a team defensive lapse by the Lakers and a team loss. They earned this loss.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at Sports Illustrated for the video.
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 4
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 47
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 16
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8