Nov 28, 2012, 9:02 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo took exception to the contact, a hit that landed above the shoulders and knocked Garnett to the ground. Rondo immediately engaged with Humphries, initiating a melee that extended off the floor and a couple of rows deep into the stands.
When all was said and done, Rondo and Humphries were ejected, as was Gerald Wallace, who received his second technical foul of the night for his involvement. Garnett also received a technical foul, but was allowed to remain in the game.
This was 100 percent on Rondo, and he can expect a suspension to come down from the league office for instigating this entire thing. It’ll be at least one game, but multiple games would be appropriate considering the unwarranted attack on Humphries for what wasn’t even a flagrant foul that he committed against one of Rondo’s teammates.
One other interesting note to pass along, and that’s the fact that Rondo’s much-celebrated assists streak — the one that was getting him close to breaking the all-time record for consecutive games with 10 assists or more held by Magic Johnson — is now finished. Rondo had recorded three assists in 18 first-half minutes, but that’ll be all for him on this night.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40