Nov 28, 2012, 9:02 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo took exception to the contact, a hit that landed above the shoulders and knocked Garnett to the ground. Rondo immediately engaged with Humphries, initiating a melee that extended off the floor and a couple of rows deep into the stands.
When all was said and done, Rondo and Humphries were ejected, as was Gerald Wallace, who received his second technical foul of the night for his involvement. Garnett also received a technical foul, but was allowed to remain in the game.
This was 100 percent on Rondo, and he can expect a suspension to come down from the league office for instigating this entire thing. It’ll be at least one game, but multiple games would be appropriate considering the unwarranted attack on Humphries for what wasn’t even a flagrant foul that he committed against one of Rondo’s teammates.
One other interesting note to pass along, and that’s the fact that Rondo’s much-celebrated assists streak — the one that was getting him close to breaking the all-time record for consecutive games with 10 assists or more held by Magic Johnson — is now finished. Rondo had recorded three assists in 18 first-half minutes, but that’ll be all for him on this night.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13