Nov 28, 2012, 9:02 PM EST
Rajon Rondo took exception to the contact, a hit that landed above the shoulders and knocked Garnett to the ground. Rondo immediately engaged with Humphries, initiating a melee that extended off the floor and a couple of rows deep into the stands.
When all was said and done, Rondo and Humphries were ejected, as was Gerald Wallace, who received his second technical foul of the night for his involvement. Garnett also received a technical foul, but was allowed to remain in the game.
This was 100 percent on Rondo, and he can expect a suspension to come down from the league office for instigating this entire thing. It’ll be at least one game, but multiple games would be appropriate considering the unwarranted attack on Humphries for what wasn’t even a flagrant foul that he committed against one of Rondo’s teammates.
One other interesting note to pass along, and that’s the fact that Rondo’s much-celebrated assists streak — the one that was getting him close to breaking the all-time record for consecutive games with 10 assists or more held by Magic Johnson — is now finished. Rondo had recorded three assists in 18 first-half minutes, but that’ll be all for him on this night.
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 1
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 5
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5