Nov 28, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
I don’t know what I want for Christmas anymore because the people at Old Spice just gave me everything I have ever dreamed of.
Old Spice has launched a new online video game: Dikembe Mutombo’s 4½ weeks to save the world.
“A kabillion some odd years ago-ish, the Mayans predicted the world will end on December 21, 2012, which is a terrible idea since we as humans have not even invented a self-combing hair yet.
“Someone had to defend our planet and prevent this from happening. And that defender had to be me: Dikembe Mutombo.
“For 4 1/2 weeks, I will courageously battle to save our world and, with your help, carve addition time into the Mayan calendar to buy us more time on the earth. That’s why this game is called: “Dikembe Mutombo’s 4 1/2 Weeks to Save the World.”
That picture with the story — Mutombo playing the flute with a dove on his hand — is from the game. Each week a new level of the game is unlocked, this first week it is Mutombo saving us from the latest South Korean dance craze. The second week involves a random turkey and science bear tell you how to kill blurgies in a mine.
Why are you reading this — go play the game. Now.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8