Nov 28, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
I don’t know what I want for Christmas anymore because the people at Old Spice just gave me everything I have ever dreamed of.
Old Spice has launched a new online video game: Dikembe Mutombo’s 4½ weeks to save the world.
“A kabillion some odd years ago-ish, the Mayans predicted the world will end on December 21, 2012, which is a terrible idea since we as humans have not even invented a self-combing hair yet.
“Someone had to defend our planet and prevent this from happening. And that defender had to be me: Dikembe Mutombo.
“For 4 1/2 weeks, I will courageously battle to save our world and, with your help, carve addition time into the Mayan calendar to buy us more time on the earth. That’s why this game is called: “Dikembe Mutombo’s 4 1/2 Weeks to Save the World.”
That picture with the story — Mutombo playing the flute with a dove on his hand — is from the game. Each week a new level of the game is unlocked, this first week it is Mutombo saving us from the latest South Korean dance craze. The second week involves a random turkey and science bear tell you how to kill blurgies in a mine.
Why are you reading this — go play the game. Now.
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 10
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24