Nov 28, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
I don’t know what I want for Christmas anymore because the people at Old Spice just gave me everything I have ever dreamed of.
Old Spice has launched a new online video game: Dikembe Mutombo’s 4½ weeks to save the world.
“A kabillion some odd years ago-ish, the Mayans predicted the world will end on December 21, 2012, which is a terrible idea since we as humans have not even invented a self-combing hair yet.
“Someone had to defend our planet and prevent this from happening. And that defender had to be me: Dikembe Mutombo.
“For 4 1/2 weeks, I will courageously battle to save our world and, with your help, carve addition time into the Mayan calendar to buy us more time on the earth. That’s why this game is called: “Dikembe Mutombo’s 4 1/2 Weeks to Save the World.”
That picture with the story — Mutombo playing the flute with a dove on his hand — is from the game. Each week a new level of the game is unlocked, this first week it is Mutombo saving us from the latest South Korean dance craze. The second week involves a random turkey and science bear tell you how to kill blurgies in a mine.
Why are you reading this — go play the game. Now.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 14
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 15
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80