Nov 28, 2012, 8:32 PM EST
I don’t know what I want for Christmas anymore because the people at Old Spice just gave me everything I have ever dreamed of.
Old Spice has launched a new online video game: Dikembe Mutombo’s 4½ weeks to save the world.
“A kabillion some odd years ago-ish, the Mayans predicted the world will end on December 21, 2012, which is a terrible idea since we as humans have not even invented a self-combing hair yet.
“Someone had to defend our planet and prevent this from happening. And that defender had to be me: Dikembe Mutombo.
“For 4 1/2 weeks, I will courageously battle to save our world and, with your help, carve addition time into the Mayan calendar to buy us more time on the earth. That’s why this game is called: “Dikembe Mutombo’s 4 1/2 Weeks to Save the World.”
That picture with the story — Mutombo playing the flute with a dove on his hand — is from the game. Each week a new level of the game is unlocked, this first week it is Mutombo saving us from the latest South Korean dance craze. The second week involves a random turkey and science bear tell you how to kill blurgies in a mine.
Why are you reading this — go play the game. Now.
- Tuesday night NBA grades: Damian Lillard is clutch 0
- Nuggets Jordan Hamilton ejected for striking Thunder’s Steven Adams (VIDEO) 3
- Asik trade update: Atlanta, Boston, Cleveland and Philadelphia most likely destinations 6
- Another day, another Damian Lillard game-winning shot 10
- Spurs’ Tony Parker out at least two games with shin injury 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (104)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (46)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (45)