Nov 28, 2012, 12:41 PM EDT
Some will look at this as a story of Michael Jordan and his feeling of entitlement. And truth be told there is some of that here. Jordan wears his entitlement like a Rolex.
But if Jordan is pissing off some up-tight, old rich people in Miami then I’m good with it.
Page Six has exclusively learned the NBA legend hit the links as a guest at swanky La Gorce Country Club — but his gear didn’t fit the club’s old-school rules. “Michael was wearing cargo pants on the course,” said a spy. Jordan’s multipocketed pants were apparently against the dress code that, sources say, dictates that members and guests must be attired in a collared shirt and Bermuda shorts. But when 6-foot, 6-inch Jordan was offered a chance to change outfits, he demurred. “He was given the chance to change but he didn’t want to,” a source said….
The source added that members complained about Jordan breaking the rules and, “He won’t be invited back.”
Somewhere, Michael Jordan just shrugged and went on with his day.
If you are offended and complaining that someone — Michael Jordan or anyone else — is wearing cargo shorts and not Bermuda shorts on your golf course, you need to get a life. That or karma will come around and give you something in your life actually worth worrying about.
So the La Gorce Country Club is going to improve its public standing by never allowing avid golfer Michael Jordan to return. Well done. That should really help you draw in new members under 40.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25