Nov 28, 2012, 10:06 AM EST
The deepest of LeBron James haters didn’t want to hear it but we were telling you this from the day after the decision — win a ring and the public perception of him would change.
He’s got a ring, a gold medal from London, he was the NBA regular season and finals MVP — and now he is back on top of the mountain as the most sold NBA jersey.
The NBA released the names of the top 15 player jersey sales from NBA.com and at the NBA Store in New York and your winner was once again LeBron, who had been on top twice before in Cleveland but had fallen some in the wake of “the decision.”
The rest of the top five shouldn’t shock you, although it’s good to see Rajon Rondo moving up the list, ahead of guys like Dwyane Wade and Blake Griffin. Also note that all three of the Lakers biggest stars (sorry Pau Gasol) made the top 15 list.
Here is the top 15:
1. LeBron James, Miami Heat
2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
3. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
4. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
5. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
6. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
7. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
8. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
9. Dwight Howard, Los Angeles Lakers
10. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
11. Deron Williams, Brooklyn Nets
12. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
13. Steve Nash, Los Angeles Lakers
14. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
15. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
By the way, the top five teams in terms of sales were the New York Knicks in first, followed by the NBA champion Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls and Boston Celtics.
The new look Brooklyn Nets are up to seventh on the list.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)