Nov 28, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
We shouldn’t be shocked Kidd misses a few games, he’s not young. It feels like his rookie season with the Mavericks Mark Aguirre was in the backcourt with him.
But it could be a while before Kidd is back on the court if you read the tea leafs.
For one, Kidd has back spasms but that generally is a symptom of a larger issue. Also, if Kidd could have come close to playing he would have suited up Monday to take on the Nets, his former team. But he couldn’t even make it from Manhattan to Brooklyn for the game. Then there is what Tyson Chandler said about Kidd, via the New York Post.
“It’s about getting healthy,’’ Chandler said at Bradley Center during the morning shootaround. “It’s a long run. We’ll win our share of games. If he ends up being out longer, we’ll be fine….
“We need him to be healthy for the long haul. I’m looking for this year to be a long one. I’m looking for him to be with us down the stretch. It’s more important he’s healthy than (playing) in November, December.’’
Through the first dozen Knicks games Kidd was giving the team 26 minutes a night, 8 points per game on 51 percent shooting, and most importantly the ball movement was just better when he was on the court.
Officially Kidd is listed as day-to-day. Remember last year when Jeremy Lin was out for an extended period of time, Mike Woodson called him day-to-day at first, too. Same with Amare Stoudemire. Which is to say, you can’t trust what the Knicks are saying.
Maybe Kidd will be back sooner rather than later, but Knicks fans may want to watch this more closely.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18