Nov 28, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
We shouldn’t be shocked Kidd misses a few games, he’s not young. It feels like his rookie season with the Mavericks Mark Aguirre was in the backcourt with him.
But it could be a while before Kidd is back on the court if you read the tea leafs.
For one, Kidd has back spasms but that generally is a symptom of a larger issue. Also, if Kidd could have come close to playing he would have suited up Monday to take on the Nets, his former team. But he couldn’t even make it from Manhattan to Brooklyn for the game. Then there is what Tyson Chandler said about Kidd, via the New York Post.
“It’s about getting healthy,’’ Chandler said at Bradley Center during the morning shootaround. “It’s a long run. We’ll win our share of games. If he ends up being out longer, we’ll be fine….
“We need him to be healthy for the long haul. I’m looking for this year to be a long one. I’m looking for him to be with us down the stretch. It’s more important he’s healthy than (playing) in November, December.’’
Through the first dozen Knicks games Kidd was giving the team 26 minutes a night, 8 points per game on 51 percent shooting, and most importantly the ball movement was just better when he was on the court.
Officially Kidd is listed as day-to-day. Remember last year when Jeremy Lin was out for an extended period of time, Mike Woodson called him day-to-day at first, too. Same with Amare Stoudemire. Which is to say, you can’t trust what the Knicks are saying.
Maybe Kidd will be back sooner rather than later, but Knicks fans may want to watch this more closely.
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 1
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 33
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 15
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 36
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (107)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'