Nov 28, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
Tuesday night wasn’t a good one for the Cleveland Cavaliers. They managed just 78 points in a home loss to the Suns, and shot 35.7 percent from the field, including a dismal 2-of-15 from three-point range, while committing 18 turnovers and getting outscored in the paint by 14.
The lone bright spot was Anderson Varejao, who finished with 20 points on 10-of-15 shooting, to go along with 18 rebounds. He leads the league in that category, by the way, with an average of almost 15 per game.
Cavaliers head coach Byron Scott did us all a favor by succinctly summing up his team’s performance with his opening postgame presser remarks.
“I’ll make this a real quick statement,” he began, with a bit of a smirk. “Andy Varejao was fantastic. Everybody else sucked tonight. Anything else you need to know?”
Nope. That about does it, coach. Thanks.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20