Nov 28, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
Tuesday night wasn’t a good one for the Cleveland Cavaliers. They managed just 78 points in a home loss to the Suns, and shot 35.7 percent from the field, including a dismal 2-of-15 from three-point range, while committing 18 turnovers and getting outscored in the paint by 14.
The lone bright spot was Anderson Varejao, who finished with 20 points on 10-of-15 shooting, to go along with 18 rebounds. He leads the league in that category, by the way, with an average of almost 15 per game.
Cavaliers head coach Byron Scott did us all a favor by succinctly summing up his team’s performance with his opening postgame presser remarks.
“I’ll make this a real quick statement,” he began, with a bit of a smirk. “Andy Varejao was fantastic. Everybody else sucked tonight. Anything else you need to know?”
Nope. That about does it, coach. Thanks.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 6
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 12
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20