Nov 28, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
Tuesday night wasn’t a good one for the Cleveland Cavaliers. They managed just 78 points in a home loss to the Suns, and shot 35.7 percent from the field, including a dismal 2-of-15 from three-point range, while committing 18 turnovers and getting outscored in the paint by 14.
The lone bright spot was Anderson Varejao, who finished with 20 points on 10-of-15 shooting, to go along with 18 rebounds. He leads the league in that category, by the way, with an average of almost 15 per game.
Cavaliers head coach Byron Scott did us all a favor by succinctly summing up his team’s performance with his opening postgame presser remarks.
“I’ll make this a real quick statement,” he began, with a bit of a smirk. “Andy Varejao was fantastic. Everybody else sucked tonight. Anything else you need to know?”
Nope. That about does it, coach. Thanks.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6