Nov 28, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
Tuesday night wasn’t a good one for the Cleveland Cavaliers. They managed just 78 points in a home loss to the Suns, and shot 35.7 percent from the field, including a dismal 2-of-15 from three-point range, while committing 18 turnovers and getting outscored in the paint by 14.
The lone bright spot was Anderson Varejao, who finished with 20 points on 10-of-15 shooting, to go along with 18 rebounds. He leads the league in that category, by the way, with an average of almost 15 per game.
Cavaliers head coach Byron Scott did us all a favor by succinctly summing up his team’s performance with his opening postgame presser remarks.
“I’ll make this a real quick statement,” he began, with a bit of a smirk. “Andy Varejao was fantastic. Everybody else sucked tonight. Anything else you need to know?”
Nope. That about does it, coach. Thanks.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 18
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 68
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30