Nov 28, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
There were all sorts of reports Andrew Bogut could get back on the court for the Warriors this week. Listen to him talk in that video and it sounds like it could be a while, and certainly not this week.
Bogut had ankle surgery last April and is still dealing with pain and discomfort in the joint. He went to Los Angeles for special injections to help speed the recovery, but still says there is pain and it is “just not right yet.”
Bogut pushed to be back for the start of the season and played in four games, but his minutes were limited (18 a game) and he just wasn’t himself. He couldn’t move like he wanted and it showed most on defense and on the glass. Which are the places the Warriors need him most.
The Warriors have gotten off to a solid 8-6 start without Bogut and they have a stretch of home games for the next week. But starting Dec. 5 they play eight of nine on the road including a tough East Coast swing and that is when they could really use Bogut.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4