Nov 28, 2012, 11:24 AM EST
There were all sorts of reports Andrew Bogut could get back on the court for the Warriors this week. Listen to him talk in that video and it sounds like it could be a while, and certainly not this week.
Bogut had ankle surgery last April and is still dealing with pain and discomfort in the joint. He went to Los Angeles for special injections to help speed the recovery, but still says there is pain and it is “just not right yet.”
Bogut pushed to be back for the start of the season and played in four games, but his minutes were limited (18 a game) and he just wasn’t himself. He couldn’t move like he wanted and it showed most on defense and on the glass. Which are the places the Warriors need him most.
The Warriors have gotten off to a solid 8-6 start without Bogut and they have a stretch of home games for the next week. But starting Dec. 5 they play eight of nine on the road including a tough East Coast swing and that is when they could really use Bogut.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 7
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5