Nov 28, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
There were all sorts of reports Andrew Bogut could get back on the court for the Warriors this week. Listen to him talk in that video and it sounds like it could be a while, and certainly not this week.
Bogut had ankle surgery last April and is still dealing with pain and discomfort in the joint. He went to Los Angeles for special injections to help speed the recovery, but still says there is pain and it is “just not right yet.”
Bogut pushed to be back for the start of the season and played in four games, but his minutes were limited (18 a game) and he just wasn’t himself. He couldn’t move like he wanted and it showed most on defense and on the glass. Which are the places the Warriors need him most.
The Warriors have gotten off to a solid 8-6 start without Bogut and they have a stretch of home games for the next week. But starting Dec. 5 they play eight of nine on the road including a tough East Coast swing and that is when they could really use Bogut.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 19
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25