Nov 28, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
There were all sorts of reports Andrew Bogut could get back on the court for the Warriors this week. Listen to him talk in that video and it sounds like it could be a while, and certainly not this week.
Bogut had ankle surgery last April and is still dealing with pain and discomfort in the joint. He went to Los Angeles for special injections to help speed the recovery, but still says there is pain and it is “just not right yet.”
Bogut pushed to be back for the start of the season and played in four games, but his minutes were limited (18 a game) and he just wasn’t himself. He couldn’t move like he wanted and it showed most on defense and on the glass. Which are the places the Warriors need him most.
The Warriors have gotten off to a solid 8-6 start without Bogut and they have a stretch of home games for the next week. But starting Dec. 5 they play eight of nine on the road including a tough East Coast swing and that is when they could really use Bogut.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 72
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32