Nov 28, 2012, 11:24 AM EST
There were all sorts of reports Andrew Bogut could get back on the court for the Warriors this week. Listen to him talk in that video and it sounds like it could be a while, and certainly not this week.
Bogut had ankle surgery last April and is still dealing with pain and discomfort in the joint. He went to Los Angeles for special injections to help speed the recovery, but still says there is pain and it is “just not right yet.”
Bogut pushed to be back for the start of the season and played in four games, but his minutes were limited (18 a game) and he just wasn’t himself. He couldn’t move like he wanted and it showed most on defense and on the glass. Which are the places the Warriors need him most.
The Warriors have gotten off to a solid 8-6 start without Bogut and they have a stretch of home games for the next week. But starting Dec. 5 they play eight of nine on the road including a tough East Coast swing and that is when they could really use Bogut.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 13
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30