Nov 27, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
There has been some criticism of Adidas for doing so much to market the rehab from injury of Derrick Rose. It’s seen as cashing in on his injury. (I don’t see it that way, I see it as he sells shoes and they sell him and they are doing this the way Nike would if one of their big stars went down.)
But Rose seems to respond some to the critics saying “why do this?” in the latest episode of The Return.
“With this documentary I just want people to know who I am as a person. I’m not doing it for me I’m doing it for my fans. They are my fans, like, for a reason….
“I don’t know how many times I’ve been out and people just came up to me saying that, like, just seeing little snippets of the documentary like inspired them.
“I hope people just take this and run with it. It’s just me. I’m just being real. And that’s the way that my family raised me, and the people that surround me; we’re just real people.”
Either way, enjoy. You can bet Tom Thibodeau is enjoying shots of Rose working out and getting closer to return because the Bulls have started to flounder without him the last few games.
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 0
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 18
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6