Nov 27, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
There has been some criticism of Adidas for doing so much to market the rehab from injury of Derrick Rose. It’s seen as cashing in on his injury. (I don’t see it that way, I see it as he sells shoes and they sell him and they are doing this the way Nike would if one of their big stars went down.)
But Rose seems to respond some to the critics saying “why do this?” in the latest episode of The Return.
“With this documentary I just want people to know who I am as a person. I’m not doing it for me I’m doing it for my fans. They are my fans, like, for a reason….
“I don’t know how many times I’ve been out and people just came up to me saying that, like, just seeing little snippets of the documentary like inspired them.
“I hope people just take this and run with it. It’s just me. I’m just being real. And that’s the way that my family raised me, and the people that surround me; we’re just real people.”
Either way, enjoy. You can bet Tom Thibodeau is enjoying shots of Rose working out and getting closer to return because the Bulls have started to flounder without him the last few games.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43