Nov 27, 2012, 11:01 AM EST
There has been some criticism of Adidas for doing so much to market the rehab from injury of Derrick Rose. It’s seen as cashing in on his injury. (I don’t see it that way, I see it as he sells shoes and they sell him and they are doing this the way Nike would if one of their big stars went down.)
But Rose seems to respond some to the critics saying “why do this?” in the latest episode of The Return.
“With this documentary I just want people to know who I am as a person. I’m not doing it for me I’m doing it for my fans. They are my fans, like, for a reason….
“I don’t know how many times I’ve been out and people just came up to me saying that, like, just seeing little snippets of the documentary like inspired them.
“I hope people just take this and run with it. It’s just me. I’m just being real. And that’s the way that my family raised me, and the people that surround me; we’re just real people.”
Either way, enjoy. You can bet Tom Thibodeau is enjoying shots of Rose working out and getting closer to return because the Bulls have started to flounder without him the last few games.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30