Nov 27, 2012, 2:18 AM EDT
The Charlotte Bobcats were historically bad last season — the team with the worst winning percentage in the history of the NBA. They were 7-59.
And their performance Monday night in a 114-69 loss to the Thunder may have been their worst game yet. Which seems out of place for a Bobcats team that is 7-6 on the season, but this was a train wreck.
We’re going to break this down by the numbers, just to give you a sense of how bad it was. It was the only way we could think to do it without using a lot of Harlem Globetrotters/Washington Generals comparisons.
• The Thunder went on a 24-6 run to end the first quarter and lead by 16 points. Then they went on a 10-0 run early in the second quarter then a 19-2 run to close out the first half. Then they went on a 15-1 run to open the second half.
• Oklahoma had a 40-point lead at halftime – 64-24. The Thunder shot 59.5 percent in the first half.
• Charlotte shot 21.6 percent in the first half. Point guards Kemba Walker and Ramon Sessions were a combined 0-9 shooting with a combined two assists at the half. The Thunder had as many points in the paint in the first half (24) as the Bobcats had points period.
• Oklahoma City led by as many as 53 and won by 45.
• The Bobcats shot 29.1 percent for the game.
• If you prefer your stats advanced, the Thunder had an offensive rating of 119.8 for the game, the Bobcats 76.1.
• Jeff Taylor had 10 points and he led the Bobcats and he was the only Charlotte player in double figures scoring.
• Oklahoma City had six players in double digit scoring, led by Kevin Durant’s 18.
• OKC backup center Hasheem Thabeet had his first career double-double — 13 points, 11 rebounds.
Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC
Apr 1, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Durant will be an unrestricted free agent after next season.
Apr 1, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
The Internet went nuts with memes of Paul falling down, and he got in on the fun himself.
Apr 1, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
Apr 1, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Hollins believes what he believes, evidence to the contrary be damned.
Apr 1, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
He was the reason the Clippers were close to the Warriors.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:34 AM EDT
We may have to watch the Nets in the playoffs. Lord help us all.
Apr 1, 2015, 12:50 AM EDT
Curry just dropped the best defensive point guard in the NBA.
Mar 31, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
The deer is angrier
Mar 31, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Curry and Harden seem to be the frontrunners.
Mar 31, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
“Not what I envisioned coming into this season. But I’m here and ready to conquer this journey.” —Kevin Durant
Mar 31, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
Which is easier to insult, the Lakers or Justin Bieber?
Mar 31, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Harrell a potential lottery pick, Rozier a potential first rounder
Mar 31, 2015, 6:29 PM EDT
It’s impossible to ever really define and entire large city in one bit of writing. But this story comes as close to defining the intricate relationship of San Antonio with the Spurs as you are going to see.
Mar 31, 2015, 5:38 PM EDT
Redick, who once looked like a bust given oversized expectations, playing big role for surging Clippers
Mar 31, 2015, 4:56 PM EDT
This was fun frustration
Mar 31, 2015, 3:44 PM EDT
Knicks fans should be patient with this season. Optimistic… that’s a tough sell.
Mar 31, 2015, 2:59 PM EDT
LeBron names his three, and says after that he has ‘a bunch of teammates.’
Mar 31, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
It had been hoped that Beverley might be available to return later in the postseason.
Mar 31, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
Mar 31, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
We already knew Durant was done for the season, but the Thunder have updated his status.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 0
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 6
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7