Nov 27, 2012, 2:18 AM EDT
The Charlotte Bobcats were historically bad last season — the team with the worst winning percentage in the history of the NBA. They were 7-59.
And their performance Monday night in a 114-69 loss to the Thunder may have been their worst game yet. Which seems out of place for a Bobcats team that is 7-6 on the season, but this was a train wreck.
We’re going to break this down by the numbers, just to give you a sense of how bad it was. It was the only way we could think to do it without using a lot of Harlem Globetrotters/Washington Generals comparisons.
• The Thunder went on a 24-6 run to end the first quarter and lead by 16 points. Then they went on a 10-0 run early in the second quarter then a 19-2 run to close out the first half. Then they went on a 15-1 run to open the second half.
• Oklahoma had a 40-point lead at halftime – 64-24. The Thunder shot 59.5 percent in the first half.
• Charlotte shot 21.6 percent in the first half. Point guards Kemba Walker and Ramon Sessions were a combined 0-9 shooting with a combined two assists at the half. The Thunder had as many points in the paint in the first half (24) as the Bobcats had points period.
• Oklahoma City led by as many as 53 and won by 45.
• The Bobcats shot 29.1 percent for the game.
• If you prefer your stats advanced, the Thunder had an offensive rating of 119.8 for the game, the Bobcats 76.1.
• Jeff Taylor had 10 points and he led the Bobcats and he was the only Charlotte player in double figures scoring.
• Oklahoma City had six players in double digit scoring, led by Kevin Durant’s 18.
• OKC backup center Hasheem Thabeet had his first career double-double — 13 points, 11 rebounds.
Aug 27, 2014, 3:41 PM EDT
Kulagin, 22, went undrafted and is now an unrestricted free agent
Aug 27, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Williams went 0-9, and stopped shooting.
Aug 27, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
Go back to July 1 and consider the possibility of LeBron James and Kevin Love playing for Cleveland this season
Aug 27, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Embiid may have jumped the gun.
Aug 27, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Minnesota’s owner tried to point out some of Love’s flaws once the deal was done.
Aug 27, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
Clippers owner Steve Ballmer calls keeping Rivers ‘one of my top priorities’
Aug 27, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
Donald Sterling will try to embarrass the league going forward, but he will not ever own the Clippers again.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:09 AM EDT
Goes against public perception.
Aug 27, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Shumpert and other Knicks will love an offense with player and ball movement… if ‘Melo shares the rock.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
Sixers value a pick in next year’s draft more than they do Bennett at this time.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
Clippers could sign Chris Douglas-Roberts, Ekpe Udoh with freed cap space
Charlotte offers to spend $33.5 million to upgrade Hornets’ arena. Is that enough to get an All-Star Game?
Aug 27, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
Reportedly 10 teams made bids so this helps
Aug 27, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Davis had 18 points, nine rebounds, five blocks and three steals in 20 minutes of work.
Aug 27, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
The point guards made this blowout more fun to watch.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
I don’t see what could possibly go wrong here.
Aug 26, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Milwaukee’s trade with Clippers cleared a roster spot
Aug 26, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Aug 26, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Former Cavaliers center, 39, has been retired three years
Aug 26, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Glen Taylor also questions whether Cleveland should offer Love five-year contract
Aug 26, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Murry receives $250,000 guarantee
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 7
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 17
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23