Nov 27, 2012, 4:25 PM EDT
“He doesn’t really even talk to me that much, anymore. We’ve been married so long that we . . .”
Popovich trailed off. “Complete each other’s sentences,” chimed in a reporter…
“Half the things I say he doesn’t hear, the other half he tunes out if he did hear… because he figures it’s bull****. Manu’s [Ginobili] getting to that point, Tony’s [Parker] close to it… Time to go!”
— Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, talking about his relationship — his marriage — to Tim Duncan and the Spurs players, via The Truth About it.
Popovich is smart. He sees the writing on the wall. He has a successor lined up in Mike Budenholzer. We need to enjoy every minute of Gregg Popovich now while we can, because he is not going to be around forever, making sideline reporters lives hell. And we’ll miss him when he and Duncan ride off into the sunset together.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78