Nov 27, 2012, 4:25 PM EST
“He doesn’t really even talk to me that much, anymore. We’ve been married so long that we . . .”
Popovich trailed off. “Complete each other’s sentences,” chimed in a reporter…
“Half the things I say he doesn’t hear, the other half he tunes out if he did hear… because he figures it’s bull****. Manu’s [Ginobili] getting to that point, Tony’s [Parker] close to it… Time to go!”
— Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, talking about his relationship — his marriage — to Tim Duncan and the Spurs players, via The Truth About it.
Popovich is smart. He sees the writing on the wall. He has a successor lined up in Mike Budenholzer. We need to enjoy every minute of Gregg Popovich now while we can, because he is not going to be around forever, making sideline reporters lives hell. And we’ll miss him when he and Duncan ride off into the sunset together.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42