Nov 27, 2012, 4:25 PM EDT
“He doesn’t really even talk to me that much, anymore. We’ve been married so long that we . . .”
Popovich trailed off. “Complete each other’s sentences,” chimed in a reporter…
“Half the things I say he doesn’t hear, the other half he tunes out if he did hear… because he figures it’s bull****. Manu’s [Ginobili] getting to that point, Tony’s [Parker] close to it… Time to go!”
— Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, talking about his relationship — his marriage — to Tim Duncan and the Spurs players, via The Truth About it.
Popovich is smart. He sees the writing on the wall. He has a successor lined up in Mike Budenholzer. We need to enjoy every minute of Gregg Popovich now while we can, because he is not going to be around forever, making sideline reporters lives hell. And we’ll miss him when he and Duncan ride off into the sunset together.
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 0
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 26
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 22
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26