Nov 27, 2012, 4:25 PM EDT
“He doesn’t really even talk to me that much, anymore. We’ve been married so long that we . . .”
Popovich trailed off. “Complete each other’s sentences,” chimed in a reporter…
“Half the things I say he doesn’t hear, the other half he tunes out if he did hear… because he figures it’s bull****. Manu’s [Ginobili] getting to that point, Tony’s [Parker] close to it… Time to go!”
— Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, talking about his relationship — his marriage — to Tim Duncan and the Spurs players, via The Truth About it.
Popovich is smart. He sees the writing on the wall. He has a successor lined up in Mike Budenholzer. We need to enjoy every minute of Gregg Popovich now while we can, because he is not going to be around forever, making sideline reporters lives hell. And we’ll miss him when he and Duncan ride off into the sunset together.
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 10
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24