Nov 27, 2012, 4:25 PM EDT
“He doesn’t really even talk to me that much, anymore. We’ve been married so long that we . . .”
Popovich trailed off. “Complete each other’s sentences,” chimed in a reporter…
“Half the things I say he doesn’t hear, the other half he tunes out if he did hear… because he figures it’s bull****. Manu’s [Ginobili] getting to that point, Tony’s [Parker] close to it… Time to go!”
— Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, talking about his relationship — his marriage — to Tim Duncan and the Spurs players, via The Truth About it.
Popovich is smart. He sees the writing on the wall. He has a successor lined up in Mike Budenholzer. We need to enjoy every minute of Gregg Popovich now while we can, because he is not going to be around forever, making sideline reporters lives hell. And we’ll miss him when he and Duncan ride off into the sunset together.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 17
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 25
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2