Kobe Bryant has flu, is game-time decision Tuesday vs. Pacers

Nov 27, 2012, 6:47 PM EDT

Kobe Bryant AP

UPDATE 6:47 pm: Kobe Bryant put this on his Facebook page, which doesn’t really answer the big question of if he plays or not:

Laid up in bed.. I’m under the weather. Drinking a lot of fluids. Trying to shake the aches and chills thru rest, medicine and a lil Bob Marley on the speakers.

Big game for us tonight.

2:09 pm: We could finally see the Lakers backcourt their fans have been dreaming of starting against the Pacers Tuesday night — Darius Morris and Jodie Meeks.

That’s because Kobe Bryant has the flu, skipped shootaround Tuesday morning and is a game time decision for Tuesday night, the team announced. (Steve Nash remains out with the small fracture in his leg, which is healing at the pace one might expect of a 38 year old.)

Granted, this is Kobe Bryant. He plays though just about everything and you can’t bet against him being out there after a day of rest and fluids. But if he does go then Mike D’Antoni might want to limit his minutes. Which has not been a traditional D’Antoni strength and certainly hasn’t been since he took over the Lakers.

Kobe has been the best Lakers playmaker with Nash out, the Laker best suited for coming off picks and being the playmaker or creating a shot for himself. He’s not Nash, but he’s light years ahead of everyone else on the Lakers roster. Kobe has the court sense and vision to make it work. Without him their already unsteady offense could get ugly.

The good news for the Lakers is the Pacers are bringing a plane load of their own problems to Los Angeles.

1. lakerluver - Nov 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

He will play…and drop 30 on them fools!
    Mamba out

• escapingexile - Nov 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I dropped a pretty penny on tickets tonight for the 15th row. I hope you are right……

2. rickkaler - Nov 27, 2012 at 2:48 PM

He says he likes playing sick/injured. “Slows the game down”.

3. rtlguru - Nov 27, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Always amazes me that pro athletes never get a $10 flu shot.

• cosanostra71 - Nov 27, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Maybe they do, and get the flu anyway.

• nbascreed - Nov 27, 2012 at 10:04 PM

lack-of-medical-analysis FAIL

A flu shot doesn’t immunize you against every strain of influenza…the shot is scientists best guess for the seasons most prevalent strains…sometimes they’re wrong!

ktgotgame.com

4. paulhargis53 - Nov 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Ugh, lakerslurper, I get douchechills reading your posts…..Good God are you ever a moron. “Mamba out?” Of what? Your mouth?!

• escapingexile - Nov 27, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Douchechills? Maybe that’s the just the TSS talking and it’s time to change the pad.

• bozosforall - Nov 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Pudhummer uses Summers Eve douches as mouthwash…to cleaout the little swimmers that the Boston players routinely deposit in his greedy mouth.

5. cosanostra71 - Nov 27, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Oh no! I hope he plays seeing how much I paid to go to the game tonight!

6. paulhargis53 - Nov 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM

escaping, instead of guessing at something, look it up. Your attempt at humor was not successful.

• manchestermiracle - Nov 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM

From the king of unfunny douches.

• escapingexile - Nov 27, 2012 at 5:16 PM

What exactly was it that I was guessing? Given that my thumbs down is from you, there are at least two people who found my “attempt” at humor successful. You constantly dish it out to lakerluver. He seems to have high enough standards not to partake in your banter. Lucky for him, or rather unlucky for you, I have no such standards.

7. drevils123 - Nov 27, 2012 at 5:38 PM

At times like these we have to ask ourselves, WWJD. What Would Jodran Do?

8. paulhargis53 - Nov 27, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Oh boy! Another thumbwatcher?! Sorry, I don’t partake in the thumbs. They are meaningless. As for your repartee, if your recent work is any clue, I’m not real worried. As for lakerslurper, read a few more articles, he antagonizes the situation. Don’t worry, he wil be off of the site soon.
    Manchester, ha! Good one. Do you write your own material?

• bozosforall - Nov 27, 2012 at 11:33 PM

We all know that you do indeed partake in the thumbs. Inserting them in your bunghole, that is.

9. cosanostra71 - Nov 27, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Kurt, can you ban paulhargis? He makes these comment sections unbearable. He’s also used many expletives and slurs, so it is warranted.

10. paulhargis53 - Nov 27, 2012 at 7:15 PM

cosanostra: Yet its ok for your buddy lakerluver/ bozosforall to do the same thing? Hypocritical much?

You know, nobody is forcing you to read a dang thing. If you see my name, don’t read the comment…..pretty simple.

• eventhorizon04 - Nov 27, 2012 at 7:41 PM

….You know, you could apply that SAME logic to LakerLuver’s comments.

If they anger you, you could just ignore them, rather than rant and rave in every article whenever he posts a comment.

• cosanostra71 - Nov 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM

and also those where he doesn’t.

11. steelers4385 - Nov 27, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Guys always got a flu or broken finger or sprained ankle or a fever or a cold or diaherria. My god. Just retire man.

12. paulhargis53 - Nov 27, 2012 at 8:11 PM

event: I’m not enraged by him, I’m not asking him to leave or be banned.

What fun would it be to ignore the moron?
    I love watching him attempt to make points or be funny. More and more posters are gettingbon him for his idiotic views and quirks. I’m having fun.

13. misterdreamer119 - Nov 27, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Drama. hes playing.

14. magicbucs - Nov 27, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Kobe and wade always exaggerate their illness then play and drop 40. their egos get filled when everyone says omg he’s sick and playing. They are both trying to be like MJ.

15. dunkindan - Nov 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Magicbucs is correct. Kobe knows how to hype the media with this. He’ll play great tonight. Don’t worry though, the cameras will have extrene close ups of him sucking down Gatorade with two sweaters on and a towel around his head.

ever since Jordan’s infamous flu game we’ve seen career performances from other superstars with the flu.

16. dunkindan - Nov 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM

And Kobe scores 40. Typical to the flu drama

17. paulhargis53 - Nov 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Come on bozosforall/lakerluver, is that the best you can do? A retread of my sperm bank joke and a thumb up the butt joke?

Mr Unoriginal strikes again , I guess.
    If you need some help in the insults department, I could email you some for a small fee.

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches