Nov 27, 2012, 6:47 PM EDT
Laid up in bed.. I’m under the weather. Drinking a lot of fluids. Trying to shake the aches and chills thru rest, medicine and a lil Bob Marley on the speakers.
Big game for us tonight.
That’s because Kobe Bryant has the flu, skipped shootaround Tuesday morning and is a game time decision for Tuesday night, the team announced. (Steve Nash remains out with the small fracture in his leg, which is healing at the pace one might expect of a 38 year old.)
Granted, this is Kobe Bryant. He plays though just about everything and you can’t bet against him being out there after a day of rest and fluids. But if he does go then Mike D’Antoni might want to limit his minutes. Which has not been a traditional D’Antoni strength and certainly hasn’t been since he took over the Lakers.
Kobe has been the best Lakers playmaker with Nash out, the Laker best suited for coming off picks and being the playmaker or creating a shot for himself. He’s not Nash, but he’s light years ahead of everyone else on the Lakers roster. Kobe has the court sense and vision to make it work. Without him their already unsteady offense could get ugly.
The good news for the Lakers is the Pacers are bringing a plane load of their own problems to Los Angeles.
- Timberwolves run newspaper ad announcing Kevin Love-Andrew Wiggins trade with Cavaliers 0
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 3
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 22
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54