Nov 27, 2012, 6:47 PM EDT
Laid up in bed.. I’m under the weather. Drinking a lot of fluids. Trying to shake the aches and chills thru rest, medicine and a lil Bob Marley on the speakers.
Big game for us tonight.
That’s because Kobe Bryant has the flu, skipped shootaround Tuesday morning and is a game time decision for Tuesday night, the team announced. (Steve Nash remains out with the small fracture in his leg, which is healing at the pace one might expect of a 38 year old.)
Granted, this is Kobe Bryant. He plays though just about everything and you can’t bet against him being out there after a day of rest and fluids. But if he does go then Mike D’Antoni might want to limit his minutes. Which has not been a traditional D’Antoni strength and certainly hasn’t been since he took over the Lakers.
Kobe has been the best Lakers playmaker with Nash out, the Laker best suited for coming off picks and being the playmaker or creating a shot for himself. He’s not Nash, but he’s light years ahead of everyone else on the Lakers roster. Kobe has the court sense and vision to make it work. Without him their already unsteady offense could get ugly.
The good news for the Lakers is the Pacers are bringing a plane load of their own problems to Los Angeles.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28