Nov 27, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins was ejected Saturday night, and that barely causes a ripple in the pond anymore. Cousins was called for a foul on Utah’s Enes Kanter, then after the whistle stopped play Cousins slapped the ball out of Kanter’s hands and that earned him his first technical.
Shockingly, Cousins’ disagreed with a call and went and said something to referee Gary Zielinski, then whatever he said walking away got him ejected.
“The referee cursed at me,” Cousins said. “He told me to go (expletive) ask the other referee (about the first technical foul). I was going to say something back, kept my cool and walked away and still end up with a technical. So I still don’t understand….”
And what did Cousins see when he watched the replay?
“It’s DeMarcus Cousins, so let’s ‘T’ him up,” Cousins said.
Cousins’ play is fueled by his emotions, but he has to keep those under control better. It’s that simple. It’s what Kobe Bryant said about him at Team USA camp, it’s not a new discussion. He is the Kings best player, leading the team in scoring (16.1 points per game) and rebounding (9.6 per contest) — they need him on the floor.
Which is why if the referee swears at him, he has to walk away and say nothing (I find it hard to buy that’s what happened here). Cousins needs to be bigger than the moment. Who cares what the referee says? Let it go.
Be the mature person and get your revenge with wins.
- LeBron makes emotional return to Cleveland tonight, new Nike ad shows city standing together (VIDEO) 0
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 6
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 21
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 22
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 17
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38