Nov 27, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins was ejected Saturday night, and that barely causes a ripple in the pond anymore. Cousins was called for a foul on Utah’s Enes Kanter, then after the whistle stopped play Cousins slapped the ball out of Kanter’s hands and that earned him his first technical.
Shockingly, Cousins’ disagreed with a call and went and said something to referee Gary Zielinski, then whatever he said walking away got him ejected.
“The referee cursed at me,” Cousins said. “He told me to go (expletive) ask the other referee (about the first technical foul). I was going to say something back, kept my cool and walked away and still end up with a technical. So I still don’t understand….”
And what did Cousins see when he watched the replay?
“It’s DeMarcus Cousins, so let’s ‘T’ him up,” Cousins said.
Cousins’ play is fueled by his emotions, but he has to keep those under control better. It’s that simple. It’s what Kobe Bryant said about him at Team USA camp, it’s not a new discussion. He is the Kings best player, leading the team in scoring (16.1 points per game) and rebounding (9.6 per contest) — they need him on the floor.
Which is why if the referee swears at him, he has to walk away and say nothing (I find it hard to buy that’s what happened here). Cousins needs to be bigger than the moment. Who cares what the referee says? Let it go.
Be the mature person and get your revenge with wins.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14