Nov 27, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins was ejected Saturday night, and that barely causes a ripple in the pond anymore. Cousins was called for a foul on Utah’s Enes Kanter, then after the whistle stopped play Cousins slapped the ball out of Kanter’s hands and that earned him his first technical.
Shockingly, Cousins’ disagreed with a call and went and said something to referee Gary Zielinski, then whatever he said walking away got him ejected.
“The referee cursed at me,” Cousins said. “He told me to go (expletive) ask the other referee (about the first technical foul). I was going to say something back, kept my cool and walked away and still end up with a technical. So I still don’t understand….”
And what did Cousins see when he watched the replay?
“It’s DeMarcus Cousins, so let’s ‘T’ him up,” Cousins said.
Cousins’ play is fueled by his emotions, but he has to keep those under control better. It’s that simple. It’s what Kobe Bryant said about him at Team USA camp, it’s not a new discussion. He is the Kings best player, leading the team in scoring (16.1 points per game) and rebounding (9.6 per contest) — they need him on the floor.
Which is why if the referee swears at him, he has to walk away and say nothing (I find it hard to buy that’s what happened here). Cousins needs to be bigger than the moment. Who cares what the referee says? Let it go.
Be the mature person and get your revenge with wins.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6