Nov 27, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins was ejected Saturday night, and that barely causes a ripple in the pond anymore. Cousins was called for a foul on Utah’s Enes Kanter, then after the whistle stopped play Cousins slapped the ball out of Kanter’s hands and that earned him his first technical.
Shockingly, Cousins’ disagreed with a call and went and said something to referee Gary Zielinski, then whatever he said walking away got him ejected.
“The referee cursed at me,” Cousins said. “He told me to go (expletive) ask the other referee (about the first technical foul). I was going to say something back, kept my cool and walked away and still end up with a technical. So I still don’t understand….”
And what did Cousins see when he watched the replay?
“It’s DeMarcus Cousins, so let’s ‘T’ him up,” Cousins said.
Cousins’ play is fueled by his emotions, but he has to keep those under control better. It’s that simple. It’s what Kobe Bryant said about him at Team USA camp, it’s not a new discussion. He is the Kings best player, leading the team in scoring (16.1 points per game) and rebounding (9.6 per contest) — they need him on the floor.
Which is why if the referee swears at him, he has to walk away and say nothing (I find it hard to buy that’s what happened here). Cousins needs to be bigger than the moment. Who cares what the referee says? Let it go.
Be the mature person and get your revenge with wins.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 14
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50