Nov 27, 2012, 10:42 AM EST
And the Wizards are not 0-12 because you are gone — you are at the heart of the problems still. They invested years and money in you to eventually have you ask not to play and so they had to eat your contract and rebuild.
But apparently, that’s not how he sees it. NBA.com’s John Schuhmann was at the Knicks at Nets game Monday night and tweeted this:
Andray Blatche to reporters in BKN locker room: “Anybody seen how the Wizards are doing?”
— John Schuhmann (@johnschuhmann) November 26, 2012
Blatche, go read the first two paragraphs here again.
Just a reminder, the Wizards were willing to eat the remaining $35 million on Blatche’s contract to get him out the door via the amnesty clause (the Wizards big mistake was ever offering that contract based on promise). And it was still the right move — the locker room needed to be made professional and Blatche was never going to be part of that. What the Wizards locker room didn’t need was injuries to Nene and John Wall, plus some pretty “meh” seasons from Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza.
Blatche signed with the Nets as a low-risk move for them and he played pretty well in limited minutes early in the season. But he was 3-of-11 shooting two games ago then after a bad shot against the Knicks saw his minutes cut way down to just over 7.
Blatche needs to worry about not getting in Avery Johnson’s doghouse, not trying to gloat about the 0-12 Wizards.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 6
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12