Nov 26, 2012, 10:22 PM EDT
Patrick Patterson of the Houston Rockets, come on down — you’re the next contestant in the “NBA league office has warned you for flopping.”
And rightfully so, watch the play above. He anticipates the contact with Tyson Chandler but that contact never happens and Patterson still hits the deck. That is a vintage flop, the kind of thing the NBA is trying to crack down on.
First offense is a warning, which is what Patterson got. Also warned have been the Thunder’s Kevin Martin, the Timberwolves’ J.J. Barea and the Cavaliers’ Donald Sloan. The Nets Reggie Evans has both been warned, did it again and fined $5,000. His next offense (which may have come against the Knicks on Monday night) earns him a $10,000 fine.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 4
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 78
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 8
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17