Nov 26, 2012, 10:22 PM EST
Patrick Patterson of the Houston Rockets, come on down — you’re the next contestant in the “NBA league office has warned you for flopping.”
And rightfully so, watch the play above. He anticipates the contact with Tyson Chandler but that contact never happens and Patterson still hits the deck. That is a vintage flop, the kind of thing the NBA is trying to crack down on.
First offense is a warning, which is what Patterson got. Also warned have been the Thunder’s Kevin Martin, the Timberwolves’ J.J. Barea and the Cavaliers’ Donald Sloan. The Nets Reggie Evans has both been warned, did it again and fined $5,000. His next offense (which may have come against the Knicks on Monday night) earns him a $10,000 fine.
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 1
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 9
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 10
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 43