Nov 26, 2012, 10:22 PM EDT
Patrick Patterson of the Houston Rockets, come on down — you’re the next contestant in the “NBA league office has warned you for flopping.”
And rightfully so, watch the play above. He anticipates the contact with Tyson Chandler but that contact never happens and Patterson still hits the deck. That is a vintage flop, the kind of thing the NBA is trying to crack down on.
First offense is a warning, which is what Patterson got. Also warned have been the Thunder’s Kevin Martin, the Timberwolves’ J.J. Barea and the Cavaliers’ Donald Sloan. The Nets Reggie Evans has both been warned, did it again and fined $5,000. His next offense (which may have come against the Knicks on Monday night) earns him a $10,000 fine.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 0
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 8
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23