Nov 26, 2012, 10:22 PM EDT
Patrick Patterson of the Houston Rockets, come on down — you’re the next contestant in the “NBA league office has warned you for flopping.”
And rightfully so, watch the play above. He anticipates the contact with Tyson Chandler but that contact never happens and Patterson still hits the deck. That is a vintage flop, the kind of thing the NBA is trying to crack down on.
First offense is a warning, which is what Patterson got. Also warned have been the Thunder’s Kevin Martin, the Timberwolves’ J.J. Barea and the Cavaliers’ Donald Sloan. The Nets Reggie Evans has both been warned, did it again and fined $5,000. His next offense (which may have come against the Knicks on Monday night) earns him a $10,000 fine.
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 4
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 6
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 10
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 37
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 45
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27
- Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard have little dust up; Kobe calls Howard “soft” (VIDEO) 61