Nov 26, 2012, 6:05 PM EST
The entire NBA nation feels for Kevin McHale right now, who lost his daughter to her battle with Lupus over the weekend.
The Houston Rockets – the team McHale coaches but is on a leave of absence from — has come up with ways to honor McHale and his late daughter, Sasha, reports the Houston Chronicle.
The Rockets made plans to wear a green band on the shoulder of their uniforms to memorialize Sasha McHale, the daughter of Rockets coach Kevin McHale who passed on Saturday. Green was Sasha McHale’s favorite color. There will be a moment of silence before the team is introduced before Tuesday’s game against Toronto at Toyota Center.
There is no timetable for McHale’s return to the Rockets. Nor should there be. The man is making funeral arrangements for his daughter and as a father I have no idea how you bounce back from that.
The gesture from the Rockets is a nice one.
As we have said before, our thoughts are with the McHale family.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 9
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 12
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18