Nov 26, 2012, 6:05 PM EDT
The entire NBA nation feels for Kevin McHale right now, who lost his daughter to her battle with Lupus over the weekend.
The Houston Rockets – the team McHale coaches but is on a leave of absence from — has come up with ways to honor McHale and his late daughter, Sasha, reports the Houston Chronicle.
The Rockets made plans to wear a green band on the shoulder of their uniforms to memorialize Sasha McHale, the daughter of Rockets coach Kevin McHale who passed on Saturday. Green was Sasha McHale’s favorite color. There will be a moment of silence before the team is introduced before Tuesday’s game against Toronto at Toyota Center.
There is no timetable for McHale’s return to the Rockets. Nor should there be. The man is making funeral arrangements for his daughter and as a father I have no idea how you bounce back from that.
The gesture from the Rockets is a nice one.
As we have said before, our thoughts are with the McHale family.
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 3
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33