Nov 26, 2012, 6:05 PM EDT
The entire NBA nation feels for Kevin McHale right now, who lost his daughter to her battle with Lupus over the weekend.
The Houston Rockets – the team McHale coaches but is on a leave of absence from — has come up with ways to honor McHale and his late daughter, Sasha, reports the Houston Chronicle.
The Rockets made plans to wear a green band on the shoulder of their uniforms to memorialize Sasha McHale, the daughter of Rockets coach Kevin McHale who passed on Saturday. Green was Sasha McHale’s favorite color. There will be a moment of silence before the team is introduced before Tuesday’s game against Toronto at Toyota Center.
There is no timetable for McHale’s return to the Rockets. Nor should there be. The man is making funeral arrangements for his daughter and as a father I have no idea how you bounce back from that.
The gesture from the Rockets is a nice one.
As we have said before, our thoughts are with the McHale family.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38