Nov 26, 2012, 6:05 PM EDT
The entire NBA nation feels for Kevin McHale right now, who lost his daughter to her battle with Lupus over the weekend.
The Houston Rockets – the team McHale coaches but is on a leave of absence from — has come up with ways to honor McHale and his late daughter, Sasha, reports the Houston Chronicle.
The Rockets made plans to wear a green band on the shoulder of their uniforms to memorialize Sasha McHale, the daughter of Rockets coach Kevin McHale who passed on Saturday. Green was Sasha McHale’s favorite color. There will be a moment of silence before the team is introduced before Tuesday’s game against Toronto at Toyota Center.
There is no timetable for McHale’s return to the Rockets. Nor should there be. The man is making funeral arrangements for his daughter and as a father I have no idea how you bounce back from that.
The gesture from the Rockets is a nice one.
As we have said before, our thoughts are with the McHale family.
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 10
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 9
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 9
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19