Nov 26, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
Well, it looks like Mike D’Antoni will go (at least) another game without his top two signal callers. Both Nash and Blake have already been ruled out by the Lakers:
The Lakers have been compensating for missing their top two point guards by having Kobe Bryant take over a majority of the ball handling duties while Darius Morris and Chris Duhon split minutes as the PGINO (point guard in name only).
This tactic has gone relatively well as Kobe has balanced good playmaking ability with his scoring, while Morris (good defense and ability to push the ball) and Duhon (outside shooting) have brought their skills to the table without taking much off it. It’s been a workable solution, though not ideal.
In the coming days, Nash will start to ramp up his rehab by doing non-basketball drills while Blake will continue to receive treatment on his abdominal strain. The team (especially Kobe) hopes that both will be back relatively soon, but Blake is still listed as day to day (aren’t we all?) while Nash is out indefinitely.
After a game heavy holiday week that saw them play five games in seven days, the Lakers play only three contests this week with games against the Nuggets on Friday and the Magic on Sunday after Tuesday’s Pacers game.
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 8
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6