Nov 26, 2012, 4:07 PM EST
Well, it looks like Mike D’Antoni will go (at least) another game without his top two signal callers. Both Nash and Blake have already been ruled out by the Lakers:
Neither Steve Blake (strained abdomen) or Steve Nash (leg) will play tomorrow vs. Indy. Neither practiced, both received treatment.—
Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) November 26, 2012
The Lakers have been compensating for missing their top two point guards by having Kobe Bryant take over a majority of the ball handling duties while Darius Morris and Chris Duhon split minutes as the PGINO (point guard in name only).
This tactic has gone relatively well as Kobe has balanced good playmaking ability with his scoring, while Morris (good defense and ability to push the ball) and Duhon (outside shooting) have brought their skills to the table without taking much off it. It’s been a workable solution, though not ideal.
In the coming days, Nash will start to ramp up his rehab by doing non-basketball drills while Blake will continue to receive treatment on his abdominal strain. The team (especially Kobe) hopes that both will be back relatively soon, but Blake is still listed as day to day (aren’t we all?) while Nash is out indefinitely.
After a game heavy holiday week that saw them play five games in seven days, the Lakers play only three contests this week with games against the Nuggets on Friday and the Magic on Sunday after Tuesday’s Pacers game.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 4
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 4
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (54)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (38)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)