Nov 26, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than shopaholics love Black Friday…
• Andrew Bogut did not practice with the Warriors on Monday, despite reports he was expected to. This means the report he could be playing by this Saturday is in doubt. Which is not great for the Warriors, they could use him to help stabilize the defense.
• While we’re in the Bay Area, here’s a report discussing why the Warriors’ ownership’s goal of being in a new arena in San Francisco by 2017 is probably overly optimistic.
• What is the buzz suggestion in Los Angeles on Monday among fans — moving Pau Gasol to sixth man and starting Antawn Jamison. If I were a Lakers fan I can see the appeal, but I need to make two points. First, Gasol has to buy in fully or it doesn’t work. Second, and more importantly, this does not solve the issue of how to space Dwight Howard and Gasol. And the Lakers need to figure that out. Even if Gasol doesn’t start he should be finishing games for the Lakers — as Manu Ginobili did off the bench for the Spurs, for example — and you’ve still got the same issue. Same in New York with Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony, while we are at it.
• Gary Forbes has signed to play with the Zhejiang Guangsha Lions in China.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 5
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 35
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70