Nov 26, 2012, 3:04 PM EDT
Good for Cuban… even if this comes with an NBA fine. Which it shouldn’t. Whoever signed an NBA licensing agreement with this company should be the one getting fined.
That is Mavericks owner Mark Cuban who put a video on YouTube last week thrashing Power Balance, a bracelet that the makers claim helps balance and coordination. Well, they claim that until they get sued enough, then they own up to the truth. But the company is an official NBA sponsor.
A lot of NBA players wear it, but they are a superstitious lot. Plus, outside of the best headphones you may not want to take their advice on much.
But I’ve tried Power Balance, you say. I was at an expo and the salesman had me balance on one leg and with the bracelet he couldn’t knock me over, you say. Carnival trick, I say. (Seriously, follow that link, watch the video).
Good for Cuban.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11