Nov 26, 2012, 3:04 PM EST
Good for Cuban… even if this comes with an NBA fine. Which it shouldn’t. Whoever signed an NBA licensing agreement with this company should be the one getting fined.
That is Mavericks owner Mark Cuban who put a video on YouTube last week thrashing Power Balance, a bracelet that the makers claim helps balance and coordination. Well, they claim that until they get sued enough, then they own up to the truth. But the company is an official NBA sponsor.
A lot of NBA players wear it, but they are a superstitious lot. Plus, outside of the best headphones you may not want to take their advice on much.
But I’ve tried Power Balance, you say. I was at an expo and the salesman had me balance on one leg and with the bracelet he couldn’t knock me over, you say. Carnival trick, I say. (Seriously, follow that link, watch the video).
Good for Cuban.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3