Nov 26, 2012, 3:04 PM EDT
Good for Cuban… even if this comes with an NBA fine. Which it shouldn’t. Whoever signed an NBA licensing agreement with this company should be the one getting fined.
That is Mavericks owner Mark Cuban who put a video on YouTube last week thrashing Power Balance, a bracelet that the makers claim helps balance and coordination. Well, they claim that until they get sued enough, then they own up to the truth. But the company is an official NBA sponsor.
A lot of NBA players wear it, but they are a superstitious lot. Plus, outside of the best headphones you may not want to take their advice on much.
But I’ve tried Power Balance, you say. I was at an expo and the salesman had me balance on one leg and with the bracelet he couldn’t knock me over, you say. Carnival trick, I say. (Seriously, follow that link, watch the video).
Good for Cuban.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 10
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 51
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10