Nov 25, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
Rockets head coach Kevin McHale has been away from the team since November 12, spending time with his family while dealing with the serious illness of his daughter.
The organization announced today that she has passed away.
Sasha McHale, 23, lost her battle with lupus, according to the Star Tribune.
Here’s the official statement from team owner Leslie Alexander:
Houston Rockets Owner Leslie Alexander released the following statement regarding the passing of Head Coach Kevin McHale’s daughter, Alexandra “Sasha” McHale:
“I extend my deepest condolences to Kevin and Lynn for the loss of their beautiful daughter, Sasha, on Saturday afternoon. Kevin and Lynn are loving and dedicated parents who will need our continued support throughout this very difficult time. Our entire organization is mourning the McHale family’s loss and we ask that you keep them in your thoughts and prayers.”
Just awful news. We send our thoughts and prayers out to McHale and his family during this impossibly difficult time.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 20
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7