Nov 25, 2012, 12:01 PM EST
Rockets head coach Kevin McHale has been away from the team since November 12, spending time with his family while dealing with the serious illness of his daughter.
The organization announced today that she has passed away.
Sasha McHale, 23, lost her battle with lupus, according to the Star Tribune.
Here’s the official statement from team owner Leslie Alexander:
Houston Rockets Owner Leslie Alexander released the following statement regarding the passing of Head Coach Kevin McHale’s daughter, Alexandra “Sasha” McHale:
“I extend my deepest condolences to Kevin and Lynn for the loss of their beautiful daughter, Sasha, on Saturday afternoon. Kevin and Lynn are loving and dedicated parents who will need our continued support throughout this very difficult time. Our entire organization is mourning the McHale family’s loss and we ask that you keep them in your thoughts and prayers.”
Just awful news. We send our thoughts and prayers out to McHale and his family during this impossibly difficult time.
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 0
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 2
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 25
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)