Nov 25, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
Rockets head coach Kevin McHale has been away from the team since November 12, spending time with his family while dealing with the serious illness of his daughter.
The organization announced today that she has passed away.
Sasha McHale, 23, lost her battle with lupus, according to the Star Tribune.
Here’s the official statement from team owner Leslie Alexander:
Houston Rockets Owner Leslie Alexander released the following statement regarding the passing of Head Coach Kevin McHale’s daughter, Alexandra “Sasha” McHale:
“I extend my deepest condolences to Kevin and Lynn for the loss of their beautiful daughter, Sasha, on Saturday afternoon. Kevin and Lynn are loving and dedicated parents who will need our continued support throughout this very difficult time. Our entire organization is mourning the McHale family’s loss and we ask that you keep them in your thoughts and prayers.”
Just awful news. We send our thoughts and prayers out to McHale and his family during this impossibly difficult time.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90