Nov 25, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant didn’t attempt a shot during the entire first quarter of the Lakers blowout win over the Mavericks on Saturday. When he did finally get a shot up early in the second, the fans in Dallas — or at least a member of the broadcast team — weren’t real happy with what they saw.
With 10:59 to play in the second period and L.A. already cruising up by 13, Bryant backs down O.J. Mayo to the elbow, before fading away with a one-legged shot attempt that missed off the front of the iron.
The play-by-play man immediately recognizes the homage to Dirk Nowitzki, who is still two or three weeks away from returning while recovering from knee surgery. The analyst saw it too, though he was clearly disgusted by the fact that Bryant would dare to take that shot while playing against Dirk’s Mavericks in Dallas.
“Don’t do that in here,” he said. “Don’t do that in this building.”
Funny stuff, although one could argue that the Lakers taking a lead of as many as 37 points in this one was far more disrespectful than Kobe’s Dirk-like shot.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13