Nov 25, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant didn’t attempt a shot during the entire first quarter of the Lakers blowout win over the Mavericks on Saturday. When he did finally get a shot up early in the second, the fans in Dallas — or at least a member of the broadcast team — weren’t real happy with what they saw.
With 10:59 to play in the second period and L.A. already cruising up by 13, Bryant backs down O.J. Mayo to the elbow, before fading away with a one-legged shot attempt that missed off the front of the iron.
The play-by-play man immediately recognizes the homage to Dirk Nowitzki, who is still two or three weeks away from returning while recovering from knee surgery. The analyst saw it too, though he was clearly disgusted by the fact that Bryant would dare to take that shot while playing against Dirk’s Mavericks in Dallas.
“Don’t do that in here,” he said. “Don’t do that in this building.”
Funny stuff, although one could argue that the Lakers taking a lead of as many as 37 points in this one was far more disrespectful than Kobe’s Dirk-like shot.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16