Nov 25, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
Kobe Bryant didn’t attempt a shot during the entire first quarter of the Lakers blowout win over the Mavericks on Saturday. When he did finally get a shot up early in the second, the fans in Dallas — or at least a member of the broadcast team — weren’t real happy with what they saw.
With 10:59 to play in the second period and L.A. already cruising up by 13, Bryant backs down O.J. Mayo to the elbow, before fading away with a one-legged shot attempt that missed off the front of the iron.
The play-by-play man immediately recognizes the homage to Dirk Nowitzki, who is still two or three weeks away from returning while recovering from knee surgery. The analyst saw it too, though he was clearly disgusted by the fact that Bryant would dare to take that shot while playing against Dirk’s Mavericks in Dallas.
“Don’t do that in here,” he said. “Don’t do that in this building.”
Funny stuff, although one could argue that the Lakers taking a lead of as many as 37 points in this one was far more disrespectful than Kobe’s Dirk-like shot.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 17
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 34
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19