Nov 25, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant didn’t attempt a shot during the entire first quarter of the Lakers blowout win over the Mavericks on Saturday. When he did finally get a shot up early in the second, the fans in Dallas — or at least a member of the broadcast team — weren’t real happy with what they saw.
With 10:59 to play in the second period and L.A. already cruising up by 13, Bryant backs down O.J. Mayo to the elbow, before fading away with a one-legged shot attempt that missed off the front of the iron.
The play-by-play man immediately recognizes the homage to Dirk Nowitzki, who is still two or three weeks away from returning while recovering from knee surgery. The analyst saw it too, though he was clearly disgusted by the fact that Bryant would dare to take that shot while playing against Dirk’s Mavericks in Dallas.
“Don’t do that in here,” he said. “Don’t do that in this building.”
Funny stuff, although one could argue that the Lakers taking a lead of as many as 37 points in this one was far more disrespectful than Kobe’s Dirk-like shot.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 16
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14