Nov 25, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant didn’t attempt a shot during the entire first quarter of the Lakers blowout win over the Mavericks on Saturday. When he did finally get a shot up early in the second, the fans in Dallas — or at least a member of the broadcast team — weren’t real happy with what they saw.
With 10:59 to play in the second period and L.A. already cruising up by 13, Bryant backs down O.J. Mayo to the elbow, before fading away with a one-legged shot attempt that missed off the front of the iron.
The play-by-play man immediately recognizes the homage to Dirk Nowitzki, who is still two or three weeks away from returning while recovering from knee surgery. The analyst saw it too, though he was clearly disgusted by the fact that Bryant would dare to take that shot while playing against Dirk’s Mavericks in Dallas.
“Don’t do that in here,” he said. “Don’t do that in this building.”
Funny stuff, although one could argue that the Lakers taking a lead of as many as 37 points in this one was far more disrespectful than Kobe’s Dirk-like shot.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37