Nov 24, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
But a day after a report surfaced that the Lakers had some interest in Raja Bell if he reaches a buyout deal with Utah, comes this report about the Lakers having interest in Mickael Pietrus, via Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) November 24, 2012
Pietrus has refused to accept the league minimum to join a team so far and there is no chance the Lakers and their league-high payroll can or would offer more than that. My guess is that his agent or people around Pietrus are leaking a lot of these offers trying to convince teams there is a lot of interest in him, driving up the price.
Good luck with that. He came off the bench in Boston last season and while you may remember a couple big shots in the playoffs he shot just 38.5 percent in the regular season and 32 percent in the postseason last year. The last time he had a PER of 13 (still below the league average) it was 2007. The Lakers have plenty of guys who can clank an 18-foot jumper, they don’t need another.
What is clear from all of this is that the Lakers are looking for options with their struggling team.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 5
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 22
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 71
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 53
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 29
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4