Nov 24, 2012, 3:23 PM EST
But a day after a report surfaced that the Lakers had some interest in Raja Bell if he reaches a buyout deal with Utah, comes this report about the Lakers having interest in Mickael Pietrus, via Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) November 24, 2012
Pietrus has refused to accept the league minimum to join a team so far and there is no chance the Lakers and their league-high payroll can or would offer more than that. My guess is that his agent or people around Pietrus are leaking a lot of these offers trying to convince teams there is a lot of interest in him, driving up the price.
Good luck with that. He came off the bench in Boston last season and while you may remember a couple big shots in the playoffs he shot just 38.5 percent in the regular season and 32 percent in the postseason last year. The last time he had a PER of 13 (still below the league average) it was 2007. The Lakers have plenty of guys who can clank an 18-foot jumper, they don’t need another.
What is clear from all of this is that the Lakers are looking for options with their struggling team.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13