Nov 24, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
But a day after a report surfaced that the Lakers had some interest in Raja Bell if he reaches a buyout deal with Utah, comes this report about the Lakers having interest in Mickael Pietrus, via Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) November 24, 2012
Pietrus has refused to accept the league minimum to join a team so far and there is no chance the Lakers and their league-high payroll can or would offer more than that. My guess is that his agent or people around Pietrus are leaking a lot of these offers trying to convince teams there is a lot of interest in him, driving up the price.
Good luck with that. He came off the bench in Boston last season and while you may remember a couple big shots in the playoffs he shot just 38.5 percent in the regular season and 32 percent in the postseason last year. The last time he had a PER of 13 (still below the league average) it was 2007. The Lakers have plenty of guys who can clank an 18-foot jumper, they don’t need another.
What is clear from all of this is that the Lakers are looking for options with their struggling team.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18