Nov 24, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
But a day after a report surfaced that the Lakers had some interest in Raja Bell if he reaches a buyout deal with Utah, comes this report about the Lakers having interest in Mickael Pietrus, via Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) November 24, 2012
Pietrus has refused to accept the league minimum to join a team so far and there is no chance the Lakers and their league-high payroll can or would offer more than that. My guess is that his agent or people around Pietrus are leaking a lot of these offers trying to convince teams there is a lot of interest in him, driving up the price.
Good luck with that. He came off the bench in Boston last season and while you may remember a couple big shots in the playoffs he shot just 38.5 percent in the regular season and 32 percent in the postseason last year. The last time he had a PER of 13 (still below the league average) it was 2007. The Lakers have plenty of guys who can clank an 18-foot jumper, they don’t need another.
What is clear from all of this is that the Lakers are looking for options with their struggling team.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11