Nov 24, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
But a day after a report surfaced that the Lakers had some interest in Raja Bell if he reaches a buyout deal with Utah, comes this report about the Lakers having interest in Mickael Pietrus, via Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) November 24, 2012
Pietrus has refused to accept the league minimum to join a team so far and there is no chance the Lakers and their league-high payroll can or would offer more than that. My guess is that his agent or people around Pietrus are leaking a lot of these offers trying to convince teams there is a lot of interest in him, driving up the price.
Good luck with that. He came off the bench in Boston last season and while you may remember a couple big shots in the playoffs he shot just 38.5 percent in the regular season and 32 percent in the postseason last year. The last time he had a PER of 13 (still below the league average) it was 2007. The Lakers have plenty of guys who can clank an 18-foot jumper, they don’t need another.
What is clear from all of this is that the Lakers are looking for options with their struggling team.
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 2
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 29
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 7
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22