Nov 24, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
Marc Gasol was called for a double-dribble violation late in the fourth quarter of the Grizzlies win over the Lakers on Friday. He swore he didn’t do it, but the replay showed otherwise, which is no big deal … except for the way he gestured to the referee while attempting to proclaim his innocence.
Gasol crossed himself while pleading his case to the official, a comically over-the-top gesture that seemed to intimate that he was swearing to God that he didn’t do what the referee thought he had seen.
After Gasol sees the replay — shown in the video clip above in slow motion at the 41 second mark — it’s likely that some Hail Marys will be in order, at the very least.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13