Nov 24, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Marc Gasol was called for a double-dribble violation late in the fourth quarter of the Grizzlies win over the Lakers on Friday. He swore he didn’t do it, but the replay showed otherwise, which is no big deal … except for the way he gestured to the referee while attempting to proclaim his innocence.
Gasol crossed himself while pleading his case to the official, a comically over-the-top gesture that seemed to intimate that he was swearing to God that he didn’t do what the referee thought he had seen.
After Gasol sees the replay — shown in the video clip above in slow motion at the 41 second mark — it’s likely that some Hail Marys will be in order, at the very least.
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 75
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12