Nov 24, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Marc Gasol was called for a double-dribble violation late in the fourth quarter of the Grizzlies win over the Lakers on Friday. He swore he didn’t do it, but the replay showed otherwise, which is no big deal … except for the way he gestured to the referee while attempting to proclaim his innocence.
Gasol crossed himself while pleading his case to the official, a comically over-the-top gesture that seemed to intimate that he was swearing to God that he didn’t do what the referee thought he had seen.
After Gasol sees the replay — shown in the video clip above in slow motion at the 41 second mark — it’s likely that some Hail Marys will be in order, at the very least.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 10
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38