Nov 24, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Marc Gasol was called for a double-dribble violation late in the fourth quarter of the Grizzlies win over the Lakers on Friday. He swore he didn’t do it, but the replay showed otherwise, which is no big deal … except for the way he gestured to the referee while attempting to proclaim his innocence.
Gasol crossed himself while pleading his case to the official, a comically over-the-top gesture that seemed to intimate that he was swearing to God that he didn’t do what the referee thought he had seen.
After Gasol sees the replay — shown in the video clip above in slow motion at the 41 second mark — it’s likely that some Hail Marys will be in order, at the very least.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85