Nov 24, 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
We showed you Blake Griffin‘s insane block on Deron WIlliams last night, because hey, that’s what we’re here for. But the NBA recognizes greatness, and has the cameras in place to give us a more special look at plays like this when they happen.
This super-slow motion look at it makes it seem even more impressive.
Williams turns the corner on Chris Paul, and has every intention of throwing it down over Blake Griffin and/or Ryan Hollins. But Griffin times his jump perfectly, and meets Williams at the rim with hand firmly on the ball to get the block, before taking it away altogether on his way back down.
Just a beautiful play all around, and an amazing job by the league capturing it in this way for the fans to see.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 1
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PBT: Spurs rally to beat Grizzlies in OT, take 3-0 lead
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile