Nov 24, 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
We showed you Blake Griffin‘s insane block on Deron WIlliams last night, because hey, that’s what we’re here for. But the NBA recognizes greatness, and has the cameras in place to give us a more special look at plays like this when they happen.
This super-slow motion look at it makes it seem even more impressive.
Williams turns the corner on Chris Paul, and has every intention of throwing it down over Blake Griffin and/or Ryan Hollins. But Griffin times his jump perfectly, and meets Williams at the rim with hand firmly on the ball to get the block, before taking it away altogether on his way back down.
Just a beautiful play all around, and an amazing job by the league capturing it in this way for the fans to see.
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 12
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 13