Nov 24, 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
We showed you Blake Griffin‘s insane block on Deron WIlliams last night, because hey, that’s what we’re here for. But the NBA recognizes greatness, and has the cameras in place to give us a more special look at plays like this when they happen.
This super-slow motion look at it makes it seem even more impressive.
Williams turns the corner on Chris Paul, and has every intention of throwing it down over Blake Griffin and/or Ryan Hollins. But Griffin times his jump perfectly, and meets Williams at the rim with hand firmly on the ball to get the block, before taking it away altogether on his way back down.
Just a beautiful play all around, and an amazing job by the league capturing it in this way for the fans to see.
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 2
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 3
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 1
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 19
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2