Nov 24, 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
We showed you Blake Griffin‘s insane block on Deron WIlliams last night, because hey, that’s what we’re here for. But the NBA recognizes greatness, and has the cameras in place to give us a more special look at plays like this when they happen.
This super-slow motion look at it makes it seem even more impressive.
Williams turns the corner on Chris Paul, and has every intention of throwing it down over Blake Griffin and/or Ryan Hollins. But Griffin times his jump perfectly, and meets Williams at the rim with hand firmly on the ball to get the block, before taking it away altogether on his way back down.
Just a beautiful play all around, and an amazing job by the league capturing it in this way for the fans to see.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11