Nov 23, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
Bringing the ball up and having me kind of initiate the offense and score and stuff like that, it’s making me work a little more than I will when Gatsby gets back… When Gatsby gets back, I don’t have to do that. The game’s going to become even more easy for me.”
Gatsby would be Nash, sidelined until at least Monday because of a small fracture in his left leg.
Steve Nash = Gatsby.
I like it.
The question is why Gatsby for Steve Nash? Is it because of:
• Nash’s haircut?
• Nash’s rise from poverty to riches and fame through a life of crime, just like Jay Gatsby?
• That Nash, like Gatsby, represents a hollow version of the American Dream… even though he’s Canadian?
• Because he’s Canadian and Kobe just is confused about F. Scott Fitzgerald’s work?
• Nash’s lavish, opulent, high-society parties?
• Nash’s all-encompassing focus to win Daisy back?
• My favorite: Because Nash’s offensive game of deception and control to achieve his ends mirrors Gatsby’s illusion of sophistication and persona of mystery to achieve a far more basic goal?
Nah, it’s probably just the haircut.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 0
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 17
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49