Nov 23, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
Bringing the ball up and having me kind of initiate the offense and score and stuff like that, it’s making me work a little more than I will when Gatsby gets back… When Gatsby gets back, I don’t have to do that. The game’s going to become even more easy for me.”
Gatsby would be Nash, sidelined until at least Monday because of a small fracture in his left leg.
Steve Nash = Gatsby.
I like it.
The question is why Gatsby for Steve Nash? Is it because of:
• Nash’s haircut?
• Nash’s rise from poverty to riches and fame through a life of crime, just like Jay Gatsby?
• That Nash, like Gatsby, represents a hollow version of the American Dream… even though he’s Canadian?
• Because he’s Canadian and Kobe just is confused about F. Scott Fitzgerald’s work?
• Nash’s lavish, opulent, high-society parties?
• Nash’s all-encompassing focus to win Daisy back?
• My favorite: Because Nash’s offensive game of deception and control to achieve his ends mirrors Gatsby’s illusion of sophistication and persona of mystery to achieve a far more basic goal?
Nah, it’s probably just the haircut.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 1
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 3
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 20
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 42