Nov 23, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
Bringing the ball up and having me kind of initiate the offense and score and stuff like that, it’s making me work a little more than I will when Gatsby gets back… When Gatsby gets back, I don’t have to do that. The game’s going to become even more easy for me.”
Gatsby would be Nash, sidelined until at least Monday because of a small fracture in his left leg.
Steve Nash = Gatsby.
I like it.
The question is why Gatsby for Steve Nash? Is it because of:
• Nash’s haircut?
• Nash’s rise from poverty to riches and fame through a life of crime, just like Jay Gatsby?
• That Nash, like Gatsby, represents a hollow version of the American Dream… even though he’s Canadian?
• Because he’s Canadian and Kobe just is confused about F. Scott Fitzgerald’s work?
• Nash’s lavish, opulent, high-society parties?
• Nash’s all-encompassing focus to win Daisy back?
• My favorite: Because Nash’s offensive game of deception and control to achieve his ends mirrors Gatsby’s illusion of sophistication and persona of mystery to achieve a far more basic goal?
Nah, it’s probably just the haircut.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4