Nov 23, 2012, 12:59 PM EDT
Chris Bosh doesn’t care what numbers you think he should hit.
Before last season Bosh predicted he would grab 10 rebounds a game, he grabbed jus 7.9. The Heat won the NBA title. Bosh will make that trade any day of the week.
So this season he isn’t worrying about the numbers, it’s the flow and the winning he is looking at, Bosh told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
“Yeah,’’ Bosh said about leaving his soothsayer ways behind. “Everybody prints, ‘Oh, Chris Bosh says going to (do this).’ I said one year in Toronto I’d love to average (a certain number) in blocks and steals, and it got printed. I’d rather just not even worry about it. Worry about the game, and if it happens, it happens.’’
As for getting 10 boards a game….
“When you have me and (Udonis Haslem), Dwyane (Wade) and LeBron (James) on the court, not only do you have to compete with other guys, but you have to compete with your teammates too,’’ Bosh said. “That kind of divides the numbers up a little bit.’’
In reality, Bosh is having his best rebounding year — and his best season overall — since joining the Heat. He is averaging 8.2 rebounds a game, which is right in line with his numbers since coming to Miami, but he is grabbing 14.6 percent of the available rebounds when he is on the floor and that is a small bump from the 13.5 percent of last season. What’s more, he’s shooting 56.1 percent (up from 48.7 last season) and is looking more comfortable at the five than he did at the four.
He knows his role now, it’s defined, and he’s filling it.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 2
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7