Nov 23, 2012, 12:59 PM EDT
Chris Bosh doesn’t care what numbers you think he should hit.
Before last season Bosh predicted he would grab 10 rebounds a game, he grabbed jus 7.9. The Heat won the NBA title. Bosh will make that trade any day of the week.
So this season he isn’t worrying about the numbers, it’s the flow and the winning he is looking at, Bosh told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
“Yeah,’’ Bosh said about leaving his soothsayer ways behind. “Everybody prints, ‘Oh, Chris Bosh says going to (do this).’ I said one year in Toronto I’d love to average (a certain number) in blocks and steals, and it got printed. I’d rather just not even worry about it. Worry about the game, and if it happens, it happens.’’
As for getting 10 boards a game….
“When you have me and (Udonis Haslem), Dwyane (Wade) and LeBron (James) on the court, not only do you have to compete with other guys, but you have to compete with your teammates too,’’ Bosh said. “That kind of divides the numbers up a little bit.’’
In reality, Bosh is having his best rebounding year — and his best season overall — since joining the Heat. He is averaging 8.2 rebounds a game, which is right in line with his numbers since coming to Miami, but he is grabbing 14.6 percent of the available rebounds when he is on the floor and that is a small bump from the 13.5 percent of last season. What’s more, he’s shooting 56.1 percent (up from 48.7 last season) and is looking more comfortable at the five than he did at the four.
He knows his role now, it’s defined, and he’s filling it.
- Down 13 Rockets finally play with energy, come back to beat Clippers, even series 1-1 1
- LeBron’s big night helps Cavs recover to tie series with Bulls 10
- Chris Paul out Game 2 against Rockets 1
- Report: Bulls’ Jimmy Butler wins Most Improved Player 5
- PBT Extra: Mike Conley changes series, but Warriors will start to hit shots again 4
- Last summer Blake Griffin talked to Tim Duncan about leadership 7
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 19
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 4