Nov 21, 2012, 5:25 PM EDT
4:44 p.m. ET: Given the fact that Reggie Evans was prominently featured in the video the league showed to teams and media before the season started to demonstrate what would and would not be tolerated under the league’s new rules against flopping, the fact that he’s now likely to be the first player fined for it really shouldn’t come as much of a surprise.
Evans received one of the first four warnings for flopping that’s been given out this season, and if after receiving a warning a player is determined to have flopped once again, they would receive a fine of $5,000.
The video clip above clearly features Evans “falling all over the place,” as Kobe Bryant might say.
It’s definitely a flop, but the thing about the league’s warnings so far is the fact they’ve been pretty subjective. The ones issued have unquestionably been for blatant violations, and this is certainly another one.
But there have been plenty of flops that have gone unpunished so far this season, so we’ll just have to see if this latest effort from Evans isn’t deemed severe enough, and ends up slipping through the cracks.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70