Nov 21, 2012, 10:12 AM EST
It is what the entire basketball world is buzzing about — Jack Taylor at little Grinnell University dropped 138 points in a game. He was 52-of-108 from the field and 27-of-71 from three.
And if you haven’t heard from him yet, Rob Dauster at CollegeBasketballTalk spoke with him Tuesday night.
Kobe Bryant had a good night himself — 25 points and he controlled the game down the stretch as the Lakers beat the Nets. But after the game in the press scrum (and it feels like a ruby scrum when you try to get close to Kobe and his locker) Taylor’s accomplishments came up. And Kobe might be the player walking the planet most able to relate to Taylor and what he did.
Reporter: Kobe, a college kid scored 138 points tonight and took over 100 shots …
Bryant: “Wow … No kidding? Where?”
Reporter: Grinnell College in Iowa.
Bryant: “Really? Wow. That’s impressive. That’s crazy. I don’t care what level you’re at. Scoring 138 points is pretty insane. How many 3s did he shoot?”
Bryant: “Holy sh–. How many points did they score as a team?”
Reporter: No other starter had double figures.
Bryant: “That’s incredible.”
Reporter: Dude on the other team scored 71 points and lost.
Bryant: “That’s amazing. He must have been wearing the Mambas, man. Only Mambas have no conscious to shoot the ball like that
Reporter: If you did that, would people be celebrating you?
Bryant: “Would people be celebrating me if I scored 138 points? You know how it is, some people would, some people wouldn’t. They can all kiss my a– as I’m sure he feels the same way. If you score 138 points, you kind of have a license to tell people to f— off.”
Kobe wasn’t the only one impressed, here’s a few NBA players on twitter.
Jack Taylor you deserve a shot of Jack Daniels after that performance lol…wow
That boy Jack Taylor Is something serious! My Lord 138 points!
Bout to get some shots up. #JackTaylorFlow
Let me take 108 shots…it’s #getabucketdotcom lol
138 points is impressive but I think shooting 108 times (71 3 pointers) is more impressive. #throwemup
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 0
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 1
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 5
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 6
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 8
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5