Nov 21, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
The Lakers got a solid win over a pretty good Nets team on Tuesday, but struggled mightily from the free throw line in the process. L.A. as a team was 19-of-37 from the stripe, while Dwight Howard had more than half of the attempts, but managed to knock down just 7-of-19.
None were worse than this one, an airball that was short and wide left that occurred in the fourth quarter of a three-point ballgame.
Howard laughed at the result, and then, perhaps realizing the situation, put on a super-serious face prior to taking his next attempt.
That’s Howard’s personality, for better or for worse. But fans aren’t going to think it’s funny if his free throw shooting ends up costing the Lakers some games this season, and it’s tough to imagine Kobe Bryant being on board with one of his teammates laughing off misses in tight games, no matter the ultimate result.
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 0
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 5
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 16