Nov 21, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The Lakers got a solid win over a pretty good Nets team on Tuesday, but struggled mightily from the free throw line in the process. L.A. as a team was 19-of-37 from the stripe, while Dwight Howard had more than half of the attempts, but managed to knock down just 7-of-19.
None were worse than this one, an airball that was short and wide left that occurred in the fourth quarter of a three-point ballgame.
Howard laughed at the result, and then, perhaps realizing the situation, put on a super-serious face prior to taking his next attempt.
That’s Howard’s personality, for better or for worse. But fans aren’t going to think it’s funny if his free throw shooting ends up costing the Lakers some games this season, and it’s tough to imagine Kobe Bryant being on board with one of his teammates laughing off misses in tight games, no matter the ultimate result.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 4
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 4
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 16
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6