Nov 21, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The Lakers got a solid win over a pretty good Nets team on Tuesday, but struggled mightily from the free throw line in the process. L.A. as a team was 19-of-37 from the stripe, while Dwight Howard had more than half of the attempts, but managed to knock down just 7-of-19.
None were worse than this one, an airball that was short and wide left that occurred in the fourth quarter of a three-point ballgame.
Howard laughed at the result, and then, perhaps realizing the situation, put on a super-serious face prior to taking his next attempt.
That’s Howard’s personality, for better or for worse. But fans aren’t going to think it’s funny if his free throw shooting ends up costing the Lakers some games this season, and it’s tough to imagine Kobe Bryant being on board with one of his teammates laughing off misses in tight games, no matter the ultimate result.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30