Nov 21, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The Lakers got a solid win over a pretty good Nets team on Tuesday, but struggled mightily from the free throw line in the process. L.A. as a team was 19-of-37 from the stripe, while Dwight Howard had more than half of the attempts, but managed to knock down just 7-of-19.
None were worse than this one, an airball that was short and wide left that occurred in the fourth quarter of a three-point ballgame.
Howard laughed at the result, and then, perhaps realizing the situation, put on a super-serious face prior to taking his next attempt.
That’s Howard’s personality, for better or for worse. But fans aren’t going to think it’s funny if his free throw shooting ends up costing the Lakers some games this season, and it’s tough to imagine Kobe Bryant being on board with one of his teammates laughing off misses in tight games, no matter the ultimate result.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 6
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 35
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14