Nov 20, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade missed Miami’s last two games due to a foot injury, originally suffered in the team’s Nov. 12 win over the Rockets.
The Heat won both without him, but they won’t have to try to do it again Wednesday night versus the Bucks. After completing his second consecutive day of practice without any setbacks, Wade plans to return to game action.
“No soreness today after a tough day (Monday), so I feel pretty good,” Wade said after pushing through Tuesday’s workout without any limitations. “Now I have to work my way back to get that (rhythm) back. But I’m excited to get back out there and start.”
Wade actually missed three of the games on the team’s six-game road trip when you include the one against the Hawks that he sat out due to illness. Miami won all three contests.
Erik Spoelstra hinted before Saturday night’s win in Phoenix that Wade might have been dinged up beyond the foot injury, and that the extra time off was needed to make sure the small things didn’t become larger issues.
“He doesn’t have anything major, it’s a bunch of little things right now that we don’t want to turn into more,” Spoelstra said.
Miami plays 12 of its next 14 at home, after opening the season on the road for seven of its first 11 games.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37