Nov 20, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade missed Miami’s last two games due to a foot injury, originally suffered in the team’s Nov. 12 win over the Rockets.
The Heat won both without him, but they won’t have to try to do it again Wednesday night versus the Bucks. After completing his second consecutive day of practice without any setbacks, Wade plans to return to game action.
“No soreness today after a tough day (Monday), so I feel pretty good,” Wade said after pushing through Tuesday’s workout without any limitations. “Now I have to work my way back to get that (rhythm) back. But I’m excited to get back out there and start.”
Wade actually missed three of the games on the team’s six-game road trip when you include the one against the Hawks that he sat out due to illness. Miami won all three contests.
Erik Spoelstra hinted before Saturday night’s win in Phoenix that Wade might have been dinged up beyond the foot injury, and that the extra time off was needed to make sure the small things didn’t become larger issues.
“He doesn’t have anything major, it’s a bunch of little things right now that we don’t want to turn into more,” Spoelstra said.
Miami plays 12 of its next 14 at home, after opening the season on the road for seven of its first 11 games.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19