Nov 20, 2012, 8:41 AM EDT
The Spurs are too good to make things easy on the Clippers — we all expected this one to go down to the wire and we got just that.
Up two with 30 seconds to go in the game Chris Paul had Tony Parker up on him and drove, used a hesitation move to create space, crosses over, keeps driving, then in the pain spins, absorbs the contact from Parker trying to draw the foul (there wasn’t one) then hit the shot that sealed the Clippers win.
Right now, the Clippers look legitimate. The questions are can they do this over time, can they play like this when it matters in April and May, can D’Andre Jordan keep this up? But right now, they are every kind of legitimate. Just ask the Spurs. Or the Grizzlies. Or the Lakers. Or the Heat.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48