Nov 20, 2012, 8:41 AM EDT
The Spurs are too good to make things easy on the Clippers — we all expected this one to go down to the wire and we got just that.
Up two with 30 seconds to go in the game Chris Paul had Tony Parker up on him and drove, used a hesitation move to create space, crosses over, keeps driving, then in the pain spins, absorbs the contact from Parker trying to draw the foul (there wasn’t one) then hit the shot that sealed the Clippers win.
Right now, the Clippers look legitimate. The questions are can they do this over time, can they play like this when it matters in April and May, can D’Andre Jordan keep this up? But right now, they are every kind of legitimate. Just ask the Spurs. Or the Grizzlies. Or the Lakers. Or the Heat.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5